graphics bug 1.05

thanks rune just downloading the drivers now will report back soon!

also 1 final question are you running a dual/quad core? do you still have to manual turn off one of the cores through the control panel for better performance?

EDIT: new (old) drivers and settings work like a charm smile.gif nice and smooth.

[ December 20, 2007, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Darkmage ]

I'm seeing a similar problem. I just upgraded my computer to a C2D, Asus P5N motherboard and GeForce 8800GT card, turned everything up, and the game would pause for 2-3 seconds every now and again. The sound would freeze as well.

Finally, after about 20 minutes the game would freeze entirely.

169.25 drivers (took me 10 minutes to find it in Vista vs. XP).

• 3 weeks later...

Got same problem after changing to AMD 64 X2 4600+ / ATI Radeon HD2600Pro .All textures also seem to be redrawn every now and than, game freezes when i try to issue any order to any unit.

Old system Athlon Thorton 2600+ / Radeon 9600XT was slow but i could play somehow . :confused:

i have the hang problem in this case i have to manually turn off one core of my dual core 8AMD +3800) in my case it hands up or the units jump to the next way point when i uncheck one of my core the game runs fine.

This problems comes from 1.04 the feature that they make in the game to make it work on dual core processor does not work in some pc so you have to turn off one core manually.

All textures also seem to be redrawn every now and than
thats especially noticable here for me. its in all versions so far. the bigger the scenarios get the slower the terain redraws for me. and it is often that bad that i have to turn away the camera for the minute realtime to watch the "laggy recorded" replay. i see jumping vehicles and framewhise volleys of fire instad continued.

i have a dual core E6600, and a GF7950GTPCI-E, XPproSP2, latest directX and and whatnot M§-dualcore fixes and i guess its related to this nvidia bug wich is unidentifieable and not fixable.

it feels like the graphix part of the game is choking up the whole system in that case while others with older cards report no similar problems and seem to have fine frames!?

if one cant imagine what i mean, its like i watch the realtime minute and all brushes, woods, house fronts, ground textures, mostly all you can see, keeps redrawing in 0.5 sec - 1 sec intervals.

its really ugly, but if i look aways it works out relatively in the replay.

up to now i tried quiet some driver version down to 93.XX forceware.

i played around with different driver settings, as i have to do for other games too but it doesnt get any better that it is now, and that some kind of slow...and i strogly suspect a bottleneck, and not that my overall PC is too slow.

i also tried to overclock the graphic card and/or CPU/FSB and that also helped nothing in performance, wich normaly indicates that it "is" some bottleneck somewhere else, and not related to hardware power.

anyways, someone next to me has this "redrawing" more frequently?

[ January 21, 2008, 05:20 AM: Message edited by: Pandur ]

Originally posted by Darkmage:

hi guys i'm running vista 64 an 8800 640mb and using 169.21 drivers.

every so often the game seems to hang, sounds stutters and when it un hangs all the textures etc seem to be redrawn onscreen. does anyone else have this problem?

apart from that really enjoying 1.05. big improvement

DM

OK, I apologize...I am having this problem, too. Exact same symptoms. I have Nvidia with 169.21 as well. 8600 gts.

I'm running Windows XP.

[ January 21, 2008, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: SlapHappy ]

hm, that was a good tip.

my tripple buffer was off allready, but than i though that the missing Vsync could cause this. so i actiated Vsync and tripple buffer, and what a miracle, the redrawing is to 98% gone.

its still shuttering and the performance didnt got better, but the redrawing is gone.

so everyone who has this redrawing AND has Vsync deactivated, activate it and see if it make difference for you.

i activated the tripple buffer on top of that becouse it says it helps performance when Vsync is also acivated.