Game crashing after a specific mission

I am playing the campaign with Task Force Thunder, and the game has been solid - no crashes, no weird behavior, BUT after a specific mission the game gives me the winning screen and tries to load the next mission. The progress indicator climbes quickly to 50% and it stays there forever, the only way out of this state is to reboot... :(

The mission in question is the one where I am attacking the outskirts of a village at night - the mission that all the commanders in the region appear to be having a powwaw at my location...

Has anybody else seen the same bahavior?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Was It fixed for anyone?

I still can't get past this mission (though now with 1.08 the game runs out of memory eventually and crashes so I don't have to reboot), I guess my next step will be to open the missions in the editor the save them into battles and just play them one at a time.

Can anyone send me a save from the next mission? if possible please let me know.

EDIT: Okay you can't access the campaign missions from the editor so I guess I'm stuck.

[ May 03, 2008, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: themediocrity ]

No the error just says "out of memory" currently the page file is around 1.5 GB and the physical memory is around 1 GB but, oddly, when I monitored the whole process with the task manager I found only a very small increase in page file and memory usage leading up to the crash.

When it crashed only around 677 MB of the page file (as opposed to the usual 550MB) was in use while no more the 300MB of physical memory was in use by the game. So there was still 800-900 MB of free page file space and around 400 MB of free physical memory when I got the message "out of memory".

• 1 month later...

I've got the same problem. I get to the end of the Night Stalkers scenario, and when it tries to load the next mission the game hangs at 50% unitl an "out of memory error" appears.

I've got the Paradox version patched to 1.08. Vista is my OS.

Zoomie

Me too - I have never been able to get further than Night Stalker regardless of the patch-version. I get the "out of memory" screen after the missions ends. Currently Ive godt 1.8 and have Windows Xp. And have no other technical problems in the game.

I would be great to get some help...

• 2 months later...