Those with sluggish mouse, WASD, shift/cntrl freeze. Root of problem found! (For me)

For whatever reason,the CMSF process is set to high priority by default. Past experience with other games for me shows all that accomplishes is cause problems in windows for whatever reason.

(You would think making it a high priority would be a good thing, but ive had problems with other games when doing this, not just CMSF)

The main problem though is those using Intellimouse and or Intellitype software (Microsoft mouse and keyboard) will probably have problems as their processes (Itype,Ipoint) are interrupted by CMSF getting such high processor priority and cause sluggish behavior for them.

I would recommend setting both CMSF,Itype,Ipoint to above normal, or settting CMSF down to normal, whichever works best for you.

The camera is still a bit clunky even after this, and dual core issues are completely separate, after trying things a bit, I would try to have your CMSF set to above normal and if you use microsoft intellimouse/intelitype have those also set to above normal.

I didn't mention another idea, because i didn't believe it could make any difference, but with rlg85's discovery about thread priority, it could be be worth a try, too:

in WindowsXP look into

Systemeigenschaften (System Properties?)

-> Erweitert (advanced?)

-> Systemleistung (system power?)

-> Erweitert (advanced?)

-> Prozessorzeitplanung (CPU time planning?)

and set it from 'Programs' to Hintergrunddienste (background services?)

This is a recommended setting for audio-workstations and helps the audio-engines. Maybe it has a positive effect on the graphiccard drivers? Don't forget to reboot before try.

Im not sure what the mouse/keyboard processes are for Logitech or for the default mouse software, I can only speak for myself as I am running both Intellimouse and Intellitype.

Either way, putting CMSF down to normal should help if you cant bring your input processes to above normal. You may however, lose some performance in CMSF.

Sounds like another victim of less than thorough testing.

However, all of these behaviors may have been reported during testing - it is my experience that sometimes reported bugs and flaws are not sewn up before released date.

Thanks rlg for the find/catch.