First thing: Great game!!!

Now to business:

My mouse is really sluggish in that there is a perceptable lag from when I move my mouse and the little green triangle cursor moves. I tried changing the 3d model options to fastest but that didn't seem to help. Is there any way to improve that?

However, I am just glad it runs on my PC at all(unlike TOW)!

BTW, I have found a work around. I hit the exc button to stop the clock then move my mouse to the right place on the screen and then hit esc again and then pronto make my selection. That way at least I am not getting my guys killed while I am fumbling around with the mouse.

Maybe that is not ideal but it is a lot cheaper than buying a faster computer!

Quite horrible to wait for my forum account while knowing a solution for this.

It seems that CM Shock Force.exe has priority set to "High" but it doesnt work for all. This must be set to "Normal".

--

1. Open your Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del)

2. Start the game

3. Alt-Tab back to the Windows Task Manager

4. Locate the CM Shock Force.exe (or CM Shock Force DEMO.exe) from the "Processes" tab.

5. Right click it and set priority to "Normal" (Set Priority > Normal)

6. Alt-Tab back to the game

--

That should do it. "Above Normal"-setting helped but didn't completely remove the problem, so you might want to experiment if it works for you. Usually you'll get very marginal performance boost, if any, with anything higher than normal setting so you're not missing anything.

Originally posted by Fetchez la Vache:

I dropped my resolution down to 1048x768 from my desktop of 1600x1200, smoothed up the mouse movement considerably (and also helped my burgeoning eye-strain as well). I'm guessing it's an symptom of a struggling video-card?

Better now - Thanks !

Thanks Kerko, all my CMSF problems fixed now that click & drag works. (I had to wait for my account to say thank you too - normally I just lurk)

It seems that perhaps obsolecent kit works best for now. My AMD Sempron 3400, ATI 9600, & XP SP2 works fine now with a frame rate of approx 30 on the demo with the graphics @ mid range quality.

OK, here is a idea how to fix the sluggish mouse problem.

I am assuming the sluggish mouse is because of all the calculations that are being performed reduces the revist time fopr the mouse. However, one would think when the game is in pause this should not be the case but my mosue is sluggish in pause as well.

However, my proposed "fix" is to use the mousewheel button so that when the mouse wheel button is depressed the the game freezes and the mouse get full priority (which should make it more responsive). That way one can push the mouse wheel button quickly move the mouse and then ley go of the mousewheel and be back in real time ready to make the mouse selection.

As others have said, the main cause of sluggish mouse is using HIGH PRIORITY setting. It is completely stupid that Windows offers this feature but can't actually assure that such exotic things as, oh..., a mouse will work with it.

We're going to have the game's Options allow you to toggle between Normal and High Priority so you don't have to do it manually.

Screen size is always a suspect too, especially when going 1600. That's a lot of pixels to move around.

Steve

Thanks, for the suggestion. However, my vsync is already turned off. I have no problem when I am in the scenario menu, the mouse responds very quickly. When I select a scenario and go to the briefing page it slows down noticeably. When I go to the battle itself the mouse becomes really sluggish (even when in pause).

However, as I said beore, I am glad that CMSF runs at all on my machine! I can live with a sluggish mouse (though it is a bit of a nuissance).

[ August 03, 2007, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: Midnight Warrior ]

• 15 years later...