Lock Up & Freezes:

Have not seen anything on the forums yet about lock up's and or freezes. I had one while using the Demo...had to turn the machine off as well as another lock-up with the beginning scenario of the French Campaign. Another TURN THE MACHINE OFF! :( Other than those two lock-ups everything is running fine and I'm learning how to use the interphase as well. Unfortunately for me...I'm suffering the same fate as the FRENCH! LOL! smile.gif

It's happening to me too making the game unplayable.

Freezing within a minute of starting the first battle of the German campaign, this has happened all three times I have tried it forcing me to do a hard reboot of my computer.

Haven't tried any other campaigns yet, getting sick of wasting my time.

JUst out of curiosity, what resolution are you guys running the game on, and is it different from the resolution you runn on Windows? When my game froze, I noticed that may resolution in windows had changed to that which I was running in TOW, and I wonder if that might have something to do with it.

Had two freezes in the full version:

Freeze 1: In setup mode in the 3rd tutorial mission while placing an AT gun in the trench, which doesn't seem possible to do. I was able to 3 finger salute and get back to desktop.

Freeze 2: Tutorial #5 while navigating on the screen to find my tank. Could not 3 finger salute so I had to power down and reboot.

I will try to disable EAX and see if it makes a difference. Sucks because I have Audigy 2 soundcard, fully EAX compliable.

I have repeated freezes, too.

Looks like a few problems too much for my liking.

First I could not obtain a license via online activation. No internet connection. Well, everything else worked fine using my internet connection. When I tried to obtain an offline license, the eLicense programm froze when I tried to save the license to a file. I deinstalled Spybot S&D and stopped my security system, even killing it to the last process. To no avail.

Copy&paste did the trick.

I started the game, and during the first training mission I get repeated freezes.

I disabled EAX --> freeze. I disabled shadows --> freeze. Once I had a CTD.

I have up to date drivers and stopped all unnessecary tasks before launching the game.

Now, after more than two hours of mounting frustration, I will call it quit and wait for the first few patches.

You know, there are other recent games out there that just work like a charme...

See ya in a couple of weeks!

I was having the same issue with my laptop. But i updated to the lasts version of tweaked drivers and has run great since. No lockups. So you might want to double check that you have the latest version of drivers for your video cards.

Same problem here - every game I have played has frozen at some point and requires a hard reboot. All drivers (Creative and NVIDIA) are latest WHQL.

Also The load times are minutes rather than seconds!

Intel 3GHz

Geforce 6800GT

1 GIG RAM

Creative XFI Musc

I posted earlyer that after 5 hours continuous play i started to get lockups, now every half hour or so i get gandom CTD`s, I built this pc 6 months ago and this is the first game to do such things, i`m proberbally way of here but feels like a memory leak problem as the longer i play the worse the problem gets?

i had a freeze during the second training scenario when you have to capture the trenches and flank with the 2 tanks. If it happens quite a bit I will await the patches. I will try to turn the bells and whistles off to see if it happens since my system is VERY stable in all games

I have the same problem to in the full game with the campaign missions. After playing it awhile it locks up? There is no event in the event viewer that states what happen. It sound to me that this game is a memory hog and needs to be optimized badly.

Update: I unclicked shadows, music, and EAX but I left use single core option off since it still froze up on me with it on and I only have one core anyway.

It still locks up after playing a varied length amount of time. It depends though, it seems to run great for about the first 15-30 minutes or so and then right when your winning and wrapping up a mission it freezes up.

I have been saving frequently but this is bad that and I have never had this problem in any game until now. It needs fixed right away BF. Make your notes!

This is getting absurd. These random freezes are killing the game. It's pretty much unplayable for me. It now has frozen twice in the first Polish Campaign mission. Luckily I saved halfway through the battle before it froze. I reloaded the battle and within a minute it froze again.

Specs:

Inspiron 9300

2 ghtz Pentium M

2 GB RAM

Nvidia 6800go with 256RAM

Audigy 2 sound card

I have the latest Direct X and Nvidia drivers

The game runs fine framerate wise with most of the Graphics options set on High.

I turned off music, eax, self shadowing, turned down water detail and gras. I also changed my nvidia driver settings (anti alias, sync, tripple buffer, threaded off, errors on). No more freezes yet. Game still looks good. I will continue with these settings and will after a few more campaign missions turn the settings up step by step.

[ April 22, 2007, 04:40 AM: Message edited by: Motomouse ]

Any news on a fix for freezes yet?

To Motomouse: Have you had any freezes since your last post? Just wondering..... and how do you set the Nvidia driver settings such as the ones you listed?

I have a control panel for my ghx card (7600 GF) that has tempature, AGP, Frames per second settings, ect. but I don't see these options there you mentioned?