Theatre of War "Uber" Patch Details and Sneak Peak Video!

Madmatt

Originally posted by Piecekeeper:

That sounds good. Patch on the way? Maybe a list of changes?

Yeah, we can do that. Here is a rough draft of the patch feature list. I haven't proofed and edited the text fully yet (its still in 1C-English) but it contains the main items.

We are still trying to decide if the patch release will include the all new Battle Generator program or not, thats why the feature list below doesn't mention it yet.

List of changes

New components:

1. Map editor with new capability of editing landscape, roads, etc.

2. Mission editor (improved for multiplayer missions)

New campaigns

1. Battle of Moscow (was presented in second edition, now updated according to new line of sight system);

2. Battle of Normandy (battles including elite German armoured division Panzer Lehr).

MULTIPLAYER

1. Countdown (time limited) missions introduced.

2. Attack/defense missions introduced.

3. Choice between PC and ally enemies introduced.

4. Selection of alliance in attack and defense areas introduced.

5. 11 multiplayer missions added.

6. Troop selection system changed. Now you can choose troops from up to 20 armies list instead of countries list.

7. 11 new multiplayer maps designed.

8. Automatic attack or defense generator introduced for computer armies.

9. Now one player can play against several AI in multiplayer mode.

10. Indicator of area selection introduced for a selected army.

11. Loading and execution of multiplayer missions stabilized.

12. Loading time reduced for multiplayer missions.

13. Smooth movement of units for client PC.

14. Known errors fixed.

General changes:

1. Line of sight system changed: The line of sight farther then several meters from the player, can be blocked by bushes, trees, etc;

2. The indicator for line of sight implemented when giving orders "Attack", "Assault" and "Fire position". Green line indicated clear area, where flora do not hinder fire; a red line shows an area of good sight without obstacles; while black line indicates places your units can’t see.

3. Difficulty level system changed. At easy level precision of enemy fire and damage inflicted by enemies were reduced. At normal level your troops do not differ from enemies and veteran level provides increased precision of enemy fire.

4. All missions were improved for correct work with new line of sight;

5. An error related to reloading all small arms fixed. Now it can be reloaded regardless of position.

6. An error related to uncontrollable coaxial machine-gun after breakdown of main weapon fixed.

7. Non-destroyable coaxial machine-guns error fixed.

8. Guidance system considering movement of object changed.

9. Damage calculation system changed for impacts of rounds with base detonating fuzes.

10. Secondary damage calculation system changed.

11. Errors related to game objects fixed.

12. Size of Daimler Mk I and animation of its crew amended.

13. Crew of Is-2 reduced to 4 people.

14. Calculation of commander’s cupolas hits changed.

15. Material of vehicles and some other additional components changed from armor steel to metal

16, Gunnery damage pattern corrected.

17. Damage pattern changed for shields and additional parts to the vehicles.

18. Infantry ammunition load errors fixed.

19. Model of DShK mounted machine-gun amended.

20. Vehicles burning time increased.

21. Dependence between aiming accuracy and Gunner skill (for gunnery) and accuracy (for small arms) changed.

22. Freezing animations errors fixed.

23. Errors related to losses of detachments and combat units when progressing through a campaign fixed.

24. Infantry behavior in trenches improved.

25. Air support behavior improved.

26. Aiming at various parts of vehicles or infantry by AI-controlled combat units introduced.

27. An error with Wz.34 armored car fixed.

28. The game sound system improved.

29. Movements of the vehicles and infantry in defense improved.

30. Units are visible according to their reference data;

31. Difficulty of several missions was changed;

32. Some minor AI bugs corrected;

33. Fire sectors for combat snow mobile NKL-26 and polish Vickers tank were changed.

34. Other corrections and improvements.

Remember, this is a RAW list, but its pretty close to final.

Madmatt

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for this list Madmatt. I hope we can figure out soon how all the mentioned changes work out in ToW.

One question comes up regarding:

4. All missions were improved for correct work with new line of sight
What impact does that have on the already released additional modder made missions?

Do all the old missions have to be updated or are they still playable - just without the LoS-tool?

If NO, can anybody (e.g. the person who actually had build that mission in the first place or even everybody else) update these missions and how high will be the effort for doing so.

Uwe

Please Include the battle generator, this is top of my wanted list and the one im most looking forward to. The wait for the upcoming patch has become long and tiring and i check the site twice a week for any news on this patch.

The thought of having to wait for the add on to be able to have the random battle generator seems 5 years away :( so please include in the patch which would be like having a late christmas present smile.gif thanks

The only thing that I had hoped for, but can not find on the list is removing the 360° perfect vision for tanks. Tanks, especially with cupolas had 360°, but for sure with a reduced spotting ability in certain angles, especially when focusing on a target or threat in a different angle.

This was discussed already sometimes here on the forum. E.g. after reading in this thread I am under the impression, that it is not too time consuming to fix this issue that is pushing the play experience quite far from a realisitc one.

Uwe

Quickie Update:

It looks like we are going to try and release the patch WITH the Battle Generator and hope to have it ready NEXT week. Since it only means an additional delay of a few days for a HUGE gain in overall patch contents, we think its worth it.

I will know more in the next 24 hours or so.

Madmatt

Well glaze me nipples and call me Nancy!!!!

stay away for a month or so and suddenly therres an uber patch ready for Delivery... WITH A BATTLE GENERATOR!!!!!!!! :eek:

Nice work 1C and Battlefront, you guys truly are legends! its not everyday you get software developers ACTUALLY listen to customer requests.

I really am looking forward to this battle generator.

nice work fellas!

From another thread:

"It looks like we should be able to include the Battle Generator for a delay of only a few more days.

As such, we are hoping that we can release the patch NEXT week as opposed to this one BUT it will have the Battle Generator included.

If we find any issue between now and the weekend though, we will just release the patch without the Battle Generator and then add that later.

This is all tenative, but figured you would like to know where things are at the moment.

Madmatt"

The day after tomorrow IS the next week ;)

BTW Centauro, So is Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

The man said "next week" not "Monday 20th Jan 2008"

D'ya expect them to work 24\7 365? just for you?

Wait until Sun 27th Jan 2008 before applying pressure. ;) . I dont expect anything will be released until Friday. Talk to you again then. ;)

I have been posting updates in one of the other threads on the forum, but here is the latest news for those that missed it...

Good news, looks like we got the Internet Game Browser working as well and that was the only thing I wanted to fix before the patch was signed off on. Now I just need to give the docs a final once over and then build the patch installer itself.

Does this mean the patch will be released tomorrow? Well, its certainly possible but due to the large size of the file itself and the normal time delay between when I send the files and info to the mirror sites and when they actually announce the patch, its probably more than likely that if I can finish up everything on my end tonight/early tomorrow (which I am busting my butt to do) the patch will probably not start popping up on sites until Monday although some mirror sites have people that work late on Fridays so it could be up by then as well.

Now, thats all based on prepping the final files today and since its already after business hours in Moscow and I want 1C to have one last look it could take a couple more days.

BUT, the good news is that everything looks to be working fine and any delays now are purely logistical ones, not technical.

More news as I get it...

Madmatt

Madmatt,

I don't want this to sound like I am asking too much, but is there any word on having the Editor working with Vista? I only ask really as I may be getting a new HD for Vista and using my current one for XP, as I just bought XP again, so I would really like to know if there is anymore info about this.

Many thanks

Jekyll

Originally posted by Jekyll:

Madmatt,

I don't want this to sound like I am asking too much, but is there any word on having the Editor working with Vista? I only ask really as I may be getting a new HD for Vista and using my current one for XP, as I just bought XP again, so I would really like to know if there is anymore info about this.

Many thanks

Jekyll

It works with Vista fine, it just doesn't work with Vista 64, and thats because MS hasn't yet (and its unclear if they ever will) fixed their 32 bit .Net Framework support in Vista 64.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jekyll:

Madmatt,

Many thanks

Jekyll

It works with Vista fine, it just doesn't work with Vista 64, and thats because MS hasn't yet (and its unclear if they ever will) fixed their 32 bit .Net Framework support in Vista 64.

Madmatt </font>

Looks like I might have spoken out of turn about the Vista compatability as 1C mentioned in the docs that only XP was supported, but that was only mentioned in the Map Editor manual.

I know that the old Mission Editor did work in Vista 32 but I need to check to see if the new Map Editor and Battle Generator programs work under Vista 32 or not.

Also, looks like we aren't going to make a Friday release after all. Everything is basically done with the patch files, but getting the installer made and synching up with the various file mirrors is probably going to mean the patch won't be available until Monday.

I am going to keep working on all of this tonight and tomorrow though so anything is possible. Rest assured though, the patch will be out to you just as soon as humanly (or madmattedly) possible. ;)

Madmatt