Theatre of War "Uber" Patch Details and Sneak Peak Video!

Madmatt

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About SBProPe,

I have being dreaming of a modern/cold war version/mod on TOW...

Originally posted by ShiftZ:

MM I need to know if I have to load in the DVD patch.

Anyways looking forward to the revisions that the gents @ 1C have come up with. BTW I'm a hardcore playa of SBProPE. I dream of ToW art work coupled with SB math

Salute dogs.

@ Madmatt or Sneaksie:

I just hope that was a wrong information, the subtitel in the vid says we can place up to 1000 static objects and 3000 detailed trees :(

With the current editorversion its possible to add much more, i was working on a map with more then 1700 objects and another one with 6000+ detailed trees.

Originally posted by Sneaksie:

It's recommendations. You can place much more, say 30000 detailed trees, but game may crash during loading, it depends on many factors. Try to load your map in the game, look at the framerate, etc.

6000 detailed trees should load, but your framerate may be low.

8000 trees doesnt slow down my PC but 10 houses desrease my FPS a lot :rolleyes:

Whats wrong with those damn houses, will that be fixed in the patch also?

I dont see any reason why those houses need so much perfomance, they dont have fire positions, average textures,... :confused: :confused:

3000-7000 :| :| ..WOWW!! definetly is a High , Very High detailed houses hehe

let me ask u something, is it possible to use a LOW POLY "LOD" of the houses to be a main LOD in the game? to get a good FPS rate..

How many LODs each house has?

sorry about my english! and merry Xmas eheh

There are two types of statics: hierarchical (which are destroyed by parts) and ordinary (destroyed as a whole). Hierarchical are much more high poly than ordinary ones. Also there are different stages of destruction, you can see them if you specify damage value for static in map builder, this adds to poly count too. Hierarchical statics have an 'h' in their name, so you may want to try to use ordinary ones if fps on your map is low.

Ok, but i replaced for test all houses on my map with those french_house_summer_mono (without windows, doors, simple texture,...), FPS was exactly the same like with detailed houses :confused:

[ December 25, 2007, 06:40 AM: Message edited by: rofl ]

• 2 weeks later...