Theatre of War "Uber" Patch Details and Sneak Peak Video!

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

...but I need to check to see if the new Map Editor and Battle Generator programs work under Vista 32 or not...

Madmatt

That would be a major bummer to not have both pieces running under Vista32 at least. Both programms will enhance the value of ToW incredibly. And then leaving the newest 'standard' operating system of the biggest supplier out :(

I hope you can clear this up for us and it is only an incorrect mentioning in the docs.

Otherwise: Perfect news with having the patch cleaned of technical issues.

Uwe - a Vista32 user with 2 weeks of holiday coming up starting from today smile.gif with my wife being at work for this two weeks :D:D

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad that I am getting XP again then, if I want to use the Mission Editor I can take Vista out and stick XP in and away I go, shame to have to do this but if its the only way then so be it.

Then again I am not that great with Editors so I hope this one is idiot proof smile.gif

Jekyll

Editors should work fine in Vista 32, but you'll need to run the game and editors with Run as Administrator command from context menu. Mission editor doesn't work in Vista 64, and the game itself may or may not work (depends on hardware and software configuration).

I actually have ToW on my Vista Machine and its the 64-Bit version and ToW works perfectly, its only the Mission Editor that does'nt work, however the Map Editor does work........strange, still as I say it looks like this may never get sorted and I'll use my XP drive for the game instead when its done.

When I say it looks like it may never get sorted, I mean from Microsofts perspective no-one elses, which is very bad, still we'll see, you never know smile.gif knowing my luck as soon as I have bought my new HD and XP is installed a fix will appear :lol:

Jekyll

Originally posted by Egon:

Howdy,

thx for the news and here is my question: what delay do ya expect for the release of the Kalypso version patch ??

Here is a quote from Steve on the CMSF forum:

"... we hope that the lag between when we give the files to Paradox and when the patch is up will be less than in the past. Unfortunately, this is not within our direct control because they have their own copy protection system and internal procedures they have to work through."

:cool:

I hope this applies to ToW and the folks at Kalypso, as well.

Greetings - Egon

I have a map of the Huy area in Belgium from 1977 That is 1:50000 that I have scanned. The map goes from left to right 1-3 and then right to left 4-6. I also created a top(stitch) and bottom(stitch2) of these. You can get them from the following links.

Huy1

Huy2

Huy3

Huy4

Huy5

Huy6

Huystitch

Huystitch2

I have a map of the Liege area and one of Omaha Beach. If anyone is interested I can scan them. They are from 1977 but they have good contours on them.