One man and his gun

terra

A really funny thing just happened to me: On the Luttich mission in the Liberation of Europe campaign, I lost all my soldiers except for one. Two Panthers, a Hetzer, a Sdkfz 251, and load of German troops were advancing on me. So I got my one soldier into an empty PaK 40, in a vain attempt to hold until reinforcements came. To my surprise my one soldier, who was an unskilled gunner, destroyed both Panthers, the Hetzer, the Sdkfz 251, and most of the infantry! (the battle was set to "normal" skill level) I lost after not getting the reinforcements. :(

[ May 05, 2007, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: terra ]

This is the kind of stuff we'll need for the upcoming video contest! TOW lends itself very well to heroic actions like this, where one man does make a difference.

Well because of this I would like to see a "MISSION RECORDER" implemented,than we can share all this stuff just like in IL2. ;)

God bless your troops!

Originally posted by SGT_56M:

So far, that is by far my fasvorite mission.

Agreed, that scenario was highly enjoyable. I loved getting right at head level with my compound clearing teams and pushing the Germans out of their defenses. And the surprise tank rush made me jump through some hoops!

Martin

This is the kind of stuff we'll need for the upcoming video contest! TOW lends itself very well to heroic actions like this, where one man does make a difference.

What difference? when you still lose the mission and have to start the mission over again. Sometimes it seems you win the battle but still lose the mission! The triggers for victory don't always match what really happened, like not being able to kill that last tank due to lack of ammo.

The game could use a hall or heroes to note the actions of soldiers through out the campaing.