Mortar?

Webwing

Originally posted by Webwing:

Is it going to be in the next patch?

Would be nice, but I don't believe there's been any mention of adding a mortar crew in an upcoming patch. If this ever happens, we'd likely see this added via an expansion.

On-map mortars have been planned during development and then removed for various reasons. You can access mortars as off-map artillery only at the moment. It's not unlikely that we'll be able to put them back in in an add-on.

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

On-map mortars have been planned during development and then removed for various reasons. You can access mortars as off-map artillery only at the moment. It's not unlikely that we'll be able to put them back in in an add-on.

Martin

Maybe the Il-2 engine have trouble with indirect fire, could be the reason that Hummel, Wespe,... cant fire that way?

Unlikely, I'm pretty sure IL2 has accurate trajectories. The reason that the SPGs can't use indirect fire is that the longest distance on a ToW map is about 2.8km (diagonal on a 2x2km map). A quick google for minimum ranges for indirect artillery fire comes up with 3km-4km for various types of howitzers - I'd guess that similar minimums would apply for the Wespe, Hummel, etc.

Have fun

Finn

Originally posted by Moon:

It's not unlikely that we'll be able to put them back in in an add-on.

Unlike 'Patches', 'Addons' usually require an additional outlay of cash from the customer.

Are you saying we're only going to get these features if we pay MORE money?

Frankly, the current condition of the game is such that I don't feel I have gotten anywhere near the money I outlayed for the initial purchase.

If ToH are expecting us to ante up with another purchase price in order to get the game right, then I think they will be sadly disappointed.

Along with us.

Being a former "mortar maggot", I would have loved to have seen the ammo bearer in ToW going out and setting firing poles for the mortars, and the little animations for the mortar crew. :D

Generally speaking..81 mortars and higher were off board at this scale. 50 and 60mm mortars were carried around.

As to the Hummel and Wespe...they were used in emergency defense late in the war as direct fire weapons.....hence they're avail onboard.