in what player category are you?

seppDieter

:( for sure. Either get rid of units that stop when movement orders are issued, or allow us to drop waypoints... one or the other will be enough for me.

Not to mention ending the stupid whack-a-mole mission completion requirements. If I'm supposed to destroy an attacking force, and I wipe them out or rout them, why does the mission go on for three more hours before the game crashes?

:( .

The utter lack of usable cover renders infantry useless and unrealistic. If you are better off clearing trenches and urban terrain up close with tanks than your infantry, that is a good sign that the game play is screwed up (if you're after realism). Tanks were historically meant to support attacks such as those, not be capable of doing it on their own.

Combine this with the brain-dead Tac AI, and the game has serious problems. Soldiers #3 through #10 should not run through the gate after having watched two of their comrades get cut down. Yeah, you can micromanage them into performing correctly, but that kind of does away with the need for an AI, huh? Who is there to micromanage the opposing force? Nobody, so they make the same dumb mistakes that your AI-controlled men do. I'm amazed so many people find this game so difficult. If you micromanage your orders, as you must, you can cream the opposing force without much problem.

I'm hoping for a patch to bring things up to speed, but I know it's a long shot if the developers are promising a LOS tool as our salvation. LOS isn't what's broken, guys.

[ April 30, 2007, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: Mannheim Tanker ]

Cat 3 -- I like lots of stuff about it, and my expectations were not that high, so in some ways, they have been exceeded. That being said, the missions are often too heavily weighted against the player in many cases, but toggling the option to continue depite not winning allows me to see all of the game content, so I'm pretty much pleased.

smile.gif I am enjoying the game but a couple things need fixing:

1. Waypoints - I don't know how this game or any RTS could be released without them.

2. When I select a group of units and give them a move/assault order I expect them to stay in the specified formation while they are moving to the target location, not just form it when they get there. I dont want faster vehicles racing ahead, infantry lagging behind etc.