Forum for Complaints?

ChrisND

chanssix6.jpg

Seriosuly, can we have a forum for complaints so that the folks with sand in their vaginas can bitch and moan THERE, while the rest of us constructively move forward?

Some ADULTS here obviously invested way too much emotion into a friggin 45-55 dollar VIDEO GAME, which is disturbing in of itself. If they acted like this when they bought a computer or other ACTUALLY expensive product they didn't like, I wouldn't want to be anywhere nearby. It reminds me of those times when you are in the store and you hear a customer giving an employee(s) a royal reaming simply because he is an asshole and thinks his opinion actually means something and people should hear it, and everyone nearby just feels sorry for whoever has to deal with him.

I am not the biggest fan of this game. Out of a 100 right now I would give it a 70. It was a 58 until I realized that some "bugs" were just me not playing properly. That said, this forum is starting to remind of a Counter-Strike forum. And that, I WILL NOT tolerate.

My main points:

1. This isn't Combat Mission. This isn't Close Combat. Any comparisons are fruitless. Go back to playing those if you love them so much (I sure do!).

2. If you pre-ordered and are now dissapointed with the game, that is ALLLLLLLLLLL your fault. You are out of 45 bucks. Boohoo. And don't give me the lame excuse taht you lead in by false advertising, no one was forcing you to hit the "submit" button.

3. If you played the demo and still bought and then hated it, you are simply a impulse-buying retard who threw away his money. Go away.

4. If you want a refund and posted here, why didn't you actually contact Battlefront through the proper channels? Oh wait, thats right, some here are so vain they actually think people like to hear them bitch.

5. I know I'm gonna hear the inevitable "But everywhere else does returns" argument, and whoever says that is not thinking straight. Most places do not do software returns, they do exchanges at the most. And yes, that includes the massive electronics chain stores, at least any of the ones I go to.

OK, soap box over. For those whose "forum-honor" I have just offended, flame away.

protectivefirefightingsqk4.jpg

Well if you think the moaning going on here is bad you should have seen the boards after Master of Orion 3 came out.. Anyway well said but your only going to antagonize the ranter's into more of a tirade.

I too was frustrated with getting my ass handed to me on easy, then I stuck with it and now I'm getting a handle on how things are done and why. Even beat a couple battles on veteran. I see much potential with ToW. A couple patch's, a little moding and it could be one helluva fun game.

I'm sticking with it.

Sorry we all can't be fanboys.

To expect equal or better then games 7-8 years old like CC3 for commands and ai is the greatest dissapointment here and i feel everyone has the right to rip into it.

To not compare this to CC and BB is to be ignorant of this games potential.

Originally posted by Kten:

Sorry we all can't be fanboys.

To expect equal or better then games 7-8 years old like CC3 for commands and ai is the greatest dissapointment here and i feel everyone has the right to rip into it.

To not compare this to CC and BB is to be ignorant of this games potential.

LOL did you read my post? I'm NOT a fanboy. :rolleyes:

I would suggest that if you start reading a thread and you don't like where it's going, that you simply hit the back button and move on. Easy and more realistic than having a new forum created. What you will and will not tolerate is ultimately in your own control, no?

You have valid points, all of them. What you are not seeing is the big picture. I, like many here, was anxiously awaiting this game. In spite of some disturbing information in the forums (namely, the lack of the ability for infantry to enter buildings), I preordered mostly on faith in the track records of 1C and especially BTS.

Well, that faith is busted. And I will never preorder again - not even for the next CM game. And that's the real shame.

I have little faith that the major problems with this game can be fixed. Tweaking is about all I expect, and mods from the community that make the best of what is possible.

In the end, I might be out some cash - it won't be the first or the last time I paid for something I didn't much care for. I just hate that I have to put BTS and 1C on my personal "buyer beware" list. I never thought that would happen.

Clip,

Believe it or not I agree with you mostly. I guess I didn't make my main beef clearly enough, and I apoligize for that. My main problem is that certain folk are posting their diatribe in threads that have nothing to do them. It's almost like some are saying "If I can't enjoy it nobody will." And that throws the thread off, and then the original poster has to sift through a whole bunch of crap to get back to the original topic. That is neither productive nor polite.

As for the threads whose exact purpose is that, well, like you say the back button is a wodnerful thing.

I should also mention taht my original post, was not directed to the majority of folk on here, sorry if you got that impression. Just to a certain few (you know who you are).

Originally posted by Clip:

I would suggest that if you start reading a thread and you don't like where it's going, that you simply hit the back button and move on. Easy and more realistic than having a new forum created. What you will and will not tolerate is ultimately in your own control, no?

uh, i think he was being sarcastic about the forum request..

Originally posted by Clip:

You have valid points, all of them. What you are not seeing is the big picture. I, like many here, was anxiously awaiting this game. In spite of some disturbing information in the forums (namely, the lack of the ability for infantry to enter buildings), I preordered mostly on faith in the track records of 1C and especially BTS.

would that be a track record of reading your mind?

tongue.gif

When a post begins with the word "seriously," it generally means the person is being serious.

And yes, these two companies had a track record of reading my mind, in a sense, by producing games that I find highly enjoyable. Hence the disappointment in ToW. Easy-peasy.

lol, we now have people bitching about people that are bitching about people that are bitching about people who are bitching on the game.

to get rid of the "whiners" like me :D , the best thing to do is to respond politely, or don't respond at all. if you start whining about the whiners you make us feel like whining some more!

if you would bring your car to "pimp my ride" on MTV, and you wait years and years. and when you finally get it back you dont like it and it doesn't work properly. then it's only normal to be frustrated. even if they made it for free

difference is, you did not have a significant investment for years waiting for a return and still even after buying the game have not.

You are a customer and while you may complain to me its like you purchased a small stake (<1%) in a painting before the unveiling if you pre-ordered.

Once the painting was unveiled you noticed a couple of things you did not like and blaaaaamm

The artist has to listen to you for the next 20 years. The artist did not promise you anything but your expectations somehow were driven to expect a different painting

Originally posted by Normal Dude:

chanssix6.jpg

Seriosuly, can we have a forum for complaints so that the folks with sand in their vaginas can bitch and moan THERE, while the rest of us constructively move forward?

Some ADULTS here obviously invested way too much emotion into a friggin 45-55 dollar VIDEO GAME, which is disturbing in of itself. If they acted like this when they bought a computer or other ACTUALLY expensive product they didn't like, I wouldn't want to be anywhere nearby. It reminds me of those times when you are in the store and you hear a customer giving an employee(s) a royal reaming simply because he is an asshole and thinks his opinion actually means something and people should hear it, and everyone nearby just feels sorry for whoever has to deal with him.

I am not the biggest fan of this game. Out of a 100 right now I would give it a 70. It was a 58 until I realized that some "bugs" were just me not playing properly. That said, this forum is starting to remind of a Counter-Strike forum. And that, I WILL NOT tolerate.

My main points:

1. This isn't Combat Mission. This isn't Close Combat. Any comparisons are fruitless. Go back to playing those if you love them so much (I sure do!).

2. If you pre-ordered and are now dissapointed with the game, that is ALLLLLLLLLLL your fault. You are out of 45 bucks. Boohoo. And don't give me the lame excuse taht you lead in by false advertising, no one was forcing you to hit the "submit" button.

3. If you played the demo and still bought and then hated it, you are simply a impulse-buying retard who threw away his money. Go away.

4. If you want a refund and posted here, why didn't you actually contact Battlefront through the proper channels? Oh wait, thats right, some here are so vain they actually think people like to hear them bitch.

5. I know I'm gonna hear the inevitable "But everywhere else does returns" argument, and whoever says that is not thinking straight. Most places do not do software returns, they do exchanges at the most. And yes, that includes the massive electronics chain stores, at least any of the ones I go to.

OK, soap box over. For those whose "forum-honor" I have just offended, flame away.

protectivefirefightingsqk4.jpg

your complaining about the people who complain. does this mean you also have sand in your vagina? whats that i smell?

Originally posted by seppDieter:

lol . . .

Originally posted by maniac_mat:your complaining about the people who complain. does this mean you also have sand in your vagina? whats that i smell?
And you're whining about the whiner who is whining about the whiners now? smile.gif

Actually apparent b*tching about this game and the whiners are the only reason I visit this forum so much. Get my pop corn and start viewing new threads, they're usually like "OMGWTFBBQHAX I WANT MY MONEY BACK*tears*", "X mission, did anyone beat it?", "This game is utter crap", "Loving, enjoying it", "I WAS DECIEVED*tears*" and the following flames.

Can't we just stop it and actually talk about this game rather than your feelings? Yes, I'm whining about the whiner who is whining about the whiners. How long will this go?

Oh, the game? I like it as it is. It can only get better. If I didn't, I would be elsewhere rather than wasting my time here. Even BF people stopped posting here.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

how am i complaining? where did i say "im annoyed by the guy that is annoyed by the guys complaining" i just said hes being a hypocrite. i could care less, i was just letting him know. and i get enjoyment from reading all the people whining and the other people counter-whining. gives me something to do while im listening to music.

Starting a post with the usual picture of crying child/screaming brat in response to genuine issues has just gotta be pitied & subsequent words disregarded.

If it weren't so pathetic i'd laugh.

Very well done dude for bringing in a new level of farce.

Does it not occur to you that rather than be here reading such dreck as your post i'd rather be playing the title?

Probably the same for all of us 'whiners'.

As the title, as is, is a total turkey i gain some entertainment here instead of playing it & get something entertaining for my cash.

I didn't pre-order, i didn't play the demo i just layed out hard cash after i read what it said it could do on the box.

It doesn't do what it sez on the box.

I'm entitled to complain, i'm entitled to voice my displeaure at the false promises & i don't expect to get a refund.

But i will have something for my money if only the entertainment of poking rude little fez wearing chimps who gang-bang anyone who dares to raise a genuine negative issue.

Now hit me wit a bigger piccy rude boy. :D

I WILL NOT tolerate.
Priceless, excellent, thanks.

Originally posted by Krull:

Starting a post with the usual picture of crying child/screaming brat in response to genuine issues has just gotta be pitied & subsequent words disregarded.

If it weren't so pathetic i'd laugh.

Very well done dude for bringing in a new level of farce.

Does it not occur to you that rather than be here reading such dreck as your post i'd rather be playing the title?

Probably the same for all of us 'whiners'.

As the title, as is, is a total turkey i gain some entertainment here instead of playing it & get something entertaining for my cash.

I didn't pre-order, i didn't play the demo i just layed out hard cash after i read what it said it could do on the box.

It doesn't do what it sez on the box.

I'm entitled to complain, i'm entitled to voice my displeaure at the false promises & i don't expect to get a refund.

But i will have something for my money if only the entertainment of poking rude little fez wearing chimps who gang-bang anyone who dares to raise a genuine negative issue.

Now hit me wit a bigger piccy rude boy. :D

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> I WILL NOT tolerate.

Priceless, excellent, thanks. </font>

funy when you think some telling that the problems about the complains are not the problem in the game but the ones who complain :rolleyes:

this game is not perfect, this game is not wargame, it could be a great game but it's "only" an ok game which will be forget soon if anything is not made with patches or mods.

the fact that i come here and i don't like this game is that this game COULD be GREAT and i think lot of people are here for that too.

such a mess :(

we're waiting for years a descent wargame with a descent 3D engine since CC and CM and have instead over and over RTS redface.gif

OK Everybody... Kumbaya, Kumbaya....

The best way to deal with the moaners is to ignore them. Think of how you feel when you post a well thought out constructive argument or helpful suggestion and it GETS TOTALLY IGNORED BY EVERYONE!!

How belittling, how insignificant you feel, how soul destroying, does anyone care? Hello is there anyone there....? Hello...? sniff, sniff

They will soon go away to seek their gratification elsewhere.

Sgt. Major. Out.

Originally posted by jdevlin:

hah - well I would have been sarcastic, anyway.

but seriously, you are aware that these two companies have also produced or released other styles of games, right?

Well...not really. To me, BTS is all about realistic strat/operations games (think CM/TacOps) and fun beer & pretzels games (SC). 1C is all about great WW2 flight sims (IL-2/Pacific Fighters). There may be some anomalies like DropTeam, but that's a sci-fi title and quite obviously doesn't fit the mould. Although I did look at it and it seems like a good title.

So I think it's reasonable to expect a joint WW2 RTS venture from BTS and 1C to be an accurate, realistic wargame (smoke, mortars, inf in buildings, full LOS/LOF info), or at least a well-balanced beer & pretzels venture that focuses on multiplayer good times (like CoH).

ToW seems to be neither. I don't know what it wants to be. But it needs to be fun, not frustrating, whichever way it shakes out.

I am glad that some people like it, and I'm invested in it now so I gotta root for it to be fixed. Consider me "cautiously pessimistic" in that regard. Like rooting for the Washington Generals. :cool: