Ammo for the tanks

Steinfisch

Ammo resupply does not happen on the battlefield. No sane logistics NCO would order an ammo truck up to an engaged zone. Tanks would, in real life, retreat to refit when they began to run low on ammo. Any commander worth his beans takes ammo loads into account when devising a battle plan.

Originally posted by wokelly:

Which explains why the T-34s mod 43s in game have 10 APBC shells, 10 APHEBC rounds, and freaking 80 HE rounds. Because it just makes sense to have 80% of your ammo HE...

Standard combat loadout for the T34 mod 43 was 19 rounds of BR-350A AP, 53 F-354 or OF-350 HE and 5 SH-350 ( cannister ) round.

Source - Tim Bean and Will Fowler " Russian Tanks of WW2 " . ISBN 0-7110-2898-2

I think the devs had to take a middle of the road approach to this. The high number of HE is strange, though .

Originally posted by Werner_U292:

I wish (wonder) there was a way to change the load outs of tanks before battle. Even if it ment having only 20 HEAT shells vs. 4 HEAT shells and 40 HE for example.

I think that you can do this via the editor... I haven’t test this and will someone correct this when it is wrong.

War Raven.

Originally posted by Scheer:

I think the devs had to take a middle of the road approach to this. The high number of HE is strange, though .

Main task for Russian tanks was to support infantry, at times engaging into battle with enemy armor was actually prohibited.

-jippo

Sure, in reality tanks did not resupplied during fighting on frontline.

But, this game is not a realistic simulation. You dont have realistic penetration values,firing ranges and large enough maps. We also dont have realistic reload times and many other realism features missing in game of TOW.

Conclusion: this game is a RTS with a touch of realism.

So... why we are not allowed to restock our tanks? Maybe in a restock zone on the upper edge of a map or somthink like this. Or with a "Munitionspanzer I (Sd. Kfz 111)"...

Originally posted by Kettenhund:

You dont have realistic penetration values,firing ranges and large enough maps.

rune wrote somewhere that the calculated penetration values fit test data down to the mm, attempts to prove the opposite appear not to be successful, a lot of people complain about LOS being too long, therefore, the firing ranges are more than adequate, and 2x2 km is not large enough?!

Best regards,

Thomm

In reality they got fresh ammo, in reality they repaired their tanks, in reality they had medics, and in reality they didn't pay 45$ to be allowed to sit in a tank and die in it.

So give us the opportunity to leave the frontline.

@Scheer -welcome-

Originally posted by Steinfisch:

In reality they got fresh ammo,

but not during battle!

in reality they repaired their tanks
but not during battle!

How much clearer does it have to be? If you want ammo reloads for tanks, BF1942 is only $10.

Originally posted by Rollstoy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kettenhund:

You dont have realistic penetration values,firing ranges and large enough maps.

rune wrote somewhere that the calculated penetration values fit test data down to the mm, attempts to prove the opposite appear not to be successful, a lot of people complain about LOS being too long, therefore, the firing ranges are more than adequate, and 2x2 km is not large enough?!

Best regards,

Thomm </font>

Kettenhund,

What are you looking at? The encyclopedia? How many times do I have to say the internal numbers are correct within 1 mm of several authors. I had authors review the penetration numbers that went into the game. I do NOT know what values and angles were used in the encyclopedia.

The figures match Bird and Livingston, jentz, and others.

Rune

Didn't you know rune? Those hack authors know nothing. The encyclopedia knows ALL, and everyone who reads it and basks in it's golden shine will be given the wisdom of a thousand fore-fathers!

bookglowingau9.jpg

Seriosuly now, haven't we gone over thi territory about five times in the last three days? Methinks maybe the encyclopedia's layout is confusin people.

I can not looking on the internal values! I can look on the datas during a game on the interface and i can look on the encyclopedia.

And this is totally crap penetration with lower penetration capability as the 85mm from T34/85.

But if you say the correct values are in game... ok. Then everythink is fine...

But i will test it on the evening...

Go ahead, feel free to argue with Mister Jentz, Mister Livingston, Mister Bird, and the Encyclopedia of German Tanks [and American and british], but I don't remember the authors' names.

Rune

Hi

to alter the ammo load for a tank

Open the editor

open mission your in

open the deployment sub menu

find the group then unit

click on back pack click mixed from there you can alter the ammo up to the maxium

open the sub menu ie +-

to see what ammo tyoe just place your mouse over the left column

Have fun, but always save the game mision or campaign b4 changing any data

I normaly save copy the whole mission folder b4 doing any changes.

good gaming