Thinking of buying? Make no mistake, This is not a wargame.

Blond_Knight

and all that glitters...is an unmanagable click fest. Im normally more descriptive but this thing looks great but stinks. I only bought it because an editor was included, but good god guys have you looked at it? In order to do anything you have to write scripts, theres no GUI-pull down scripting like Steel Beasts. I might as well learn Python or Perl. Well you got me again Battlefront, first with the unsupported T-72 'simulator' and now this.

Tow.exe -unlicense

[ April 25, 2007, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: Blond_Knight ]

Well I feel sorry that you are so disappointed when many like myself are very happy playing.

If you had read the posts for a while before purchasing, you would have read that the editor was going to be a script / text affair rather than some all singing all dancing thing.

Also its early to give up on the game as there are bound to be some patches in the future and the basic campaigns are great, they require some effort to progress, rather than just charge and click away like COH or a similar RTS.

"basic campaigns are great, they require some effort to progress"

Great???

This game is the pits, you give your commands to your little stick men, then watch them aimlessly run around on the map, when some action starts, by the time you have zoomed into where it is, it's over.

Repetetive, boring terrain models, with no apparent LOS factors in it, unseen enemies are shooting at your tanks and troops from unrealistic distances, troops cannot dig in, or even enter buildings.

No portable mortars or machine guns, unweildy camera movement, this game is strictly close up veiw eye candy, and the rest of the play is like watching an ant farm.

"LOL some stil think that ww2 guns couldn' shot longer than 200 meters omg get real a good atgun can destroy a tank at 2000 meter"

Not through four seperate rows of trees they couldn't, they couldn't even see each other, like they do in this game!

I've preordered and paid the game, I'm quite disappointed by how it models WW2 combat, why should I refrain from warning others not do the same error than me- ie think it'll be at least as much fun as CC was, even maybe would approach CM fun but with a much better graphical presentation ?

If OTOH it was also fun as can RTS be I would just have to change my expectations, but it's neither the case. We have a strange hybrid that doesn't get the qualities of its parents...

Originally posted by panzermartin:

I dont think people need someone to tell them not to buy the game. There is a demo out there to try on their own, dont you think? I waited for the demo before ordering, I cleary understood what I was expecting from the final product and I think it was worth the money.

I think you got it right!

Apparently, most of the complaining seems to be from people who bought the game (money = emotions) without having played the demo!!!

That makes sense, but they should blame their impatience and not the game!!

Best regards,

Thomm

Chazman

Are you not a CM player? Stick men, your joking right compared to the mr potatoe head CM men that look like clown heads rotating

Anyway I found that amusing as I find it easy to command and control and still zoom in for the awesome detailed action

Originally posted by Rollstoy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by panzermartin:

I dont think people need someone to tell them not to buy the game. There is a demo out there to try on their own, dont you think? I waited for the demo before ordering, I cleary understood what I was expecting from the final product and I think it was worth the money.

I think you got it right!

Apparently, most of the complaining seems to be from people who bought the game (money = emotions) without having played the demo!!!

That makes sense, but they should blame their impatience and not the game!!

Best regards,

Thomm </font>

i am still on the fence whether to buy it. The demo was ok but the fight where the germans try to stop the soviets from crossing the bridge kind of scared me. There were obvious LOS issues in that which need to be fixed.

As well, i need more info on the mission editor. I'd like to setup battles with a company of men supported by a few halftracks and tanks. Not 20 tanks and 3 squads of men :D

Originally posted by Destraex:

Chazman

Are you not a CM player? Stick men, your joking right compared to the mr potatoe head CM men that look like clown heads rotating

Anyway I found that amusing as I find it easy to command and control and still zoom in for the awesome detailed action

all of "chazman"'s 11 posts are complaints. speaks for itself. a nappy (diaper) change and a bah-bah, and he'll be fine in a few hours. he just needs to cry it out a bit. :D

This game is nothing like CM, in particular I find its editor useless. It would be miserible to use even if it worked--it does not allow me to save games so there is no point to it anyway. I may be able to get some enjoyment from it after I learn the new interface, but this is not going to replace any of the CM games for me. If I had known anything about the editor before I pre-ordered I wouldn't have purchased this.

Guage, the fps on my crappy 1.5 year old, 1 gig ram, 3 ghz, navidia 6600 computer is smooth. Must be your machine because something with inferior performance as mine with a few tweaks (no shadows, medium grass, no sky detail) works fine.