Better have a fast computer

RuhrRiver

The specs with on the demo download page say it all: you want a real cutting edge machine to play this game. I have a P4 2.2 Ghz CPU with 1.25 gigs of RAM and a Radeon 9600 video card with 128 or 256 (can't remember) MB on board and separate audio card..running Win XP--and my frame rate, with all graphics at minimum or off, was between 9 and 15 FPS, according to fraps. That means jerky vehicle movement (although not as bad as the videos have been) and almost (but not quite) smooth infantry movement animations as long as too much isn't going on. I haven't been able to bring myself to cut down my screen resolution to 600 X 800 yet, but that's my next experiment. Time to upgrade, gang.

On the brighter side, the game looks gorgeous and the animations are excellent.

Guest Panzer Boxb

I played it at 1600x1200 with everything maxed and there were some definite slowdowns during the single mission when ... well, let's just say that stereotypical Russian force started mauling me. My system is a P4 3.6, 2GB, 7800 GTX OC.

It ran pretty smooth on my machine.. Cept at the later stage of the Mission when the russians started to mass human wave me it started to get a little slow... Not too much though. My specs. AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3800+ 1 gig of Ram, Geforce 7600GT. And this is with all graphics cranked to max..

Overall, It runs pretty smooth on my system.

Problem with the first posts specs are.. Your CPU is a little slow, and Second is you should never have 1.2gig of ram. Always have a even amount or ram in your machine or you actually lose performance.

Oh dear. I've got an AMD Athlon 3200+, 1 gig of RAM and a Nvidia 7600GS, and was told that that would be smooth and fluid. From what I've read above it will be anything but, except with the graphics settings so low that a tank will be represented by about 4 pixels.

Maybe the preorder was a mistake!

I have a P4 3.06Ghz 2GB RAM x1600 video card

When I run "auto-detect" it puts all my settings on the highest, but the game runs mildly choppy sometimes. Not nearly as bad as the video though, I'm glad. I'm gonna try reducing the settings a bit and playing it again tomorrow.

The gameplay is excellent though. Best of any other RTS by far.

Was a little worried that my 3.2ghz 1g ram would not run very well for it only has a slightly upgraded "stock" video card that came with the original system. Do not even know what kind of card is installed on this Dell system. However it runs well.:)

Originally posted by RuhrRiver:

Jeez, I didn't realize how out of date, underpowered, and pathetic my computer is until reading what everyone else has. Guess I'll go back to playing pacman until I get another grand together... : (

Dunno what you have, but so far I'm surprised how well the demo runs on my system and my CPU is running at 2.0 Ghz (details in the dedicated thread).

Jeez, I didn't realize how out of date, underpowered, and pathetic my computer is until reading what everyone else has. Guess I'll go back to playing pacman until I get another grand together... : (

No, your processor is somewhat low but should be enough (mine is an AMD 2GHz, eq to 2.4 Ghz Pentium). Your *graphics card* (Radeon 9600) is totally outdated though, that's your problem.. I had the same and changed it last year for a (used) GF6600 GT, and I've no problem with ToW details/framerates (but I've many problems with gameplay and realism !!)

the game engine has problems with amd processors so it's not really your speed, it is the fact that it doesn't run good on amd. They have to fix that big time and really the game shouldn't have been released with that huge problem in there. What happens when there is no proper beta test, take that from a beta tester ;) . Now if coh and m2tw or pacific storm and pacific storm allies runs smooth on my rig with a athalon 2200+, 1 gig of ram and radeon x1600 pro so should this.

I have a 2 year old computer and its running fine. Turned down sky detail to med, shadows off (shadows are the biggest hitter for my PC, when they are off its smooth), grass to medium, water to medium and it runs very smoothly.

3.0 GHz

Navida 6600

Pentium 4

1 gig ram

I had an ATI 9600 but upgraded to an ATI 1600 pro AGP with 512mb video mem.

Game runs smooth on my 3 year old AMD. This game I think is a video memory hog. ATI is flooding the market with cheap but good 512mb AGP cards for $150 bucks. Nvidia is there too with the PNY brand 7600 agp with 512mb, same price. Don't want to assume everybody can drop a buck and a half whenever but definitely look into it.

The specs with on the demo download page say it all: you want a real cutting edge machine to play this game. I have a P4 2.2 Ghz CPU with 1.25 gigs of RAM and a Radeon 9600 video card with 128 or 256 (can't remember) MB on board and separate audio card..running Win XP--and my frame rate, with all graphics at minimum or off, was between 9 and 15 FPS, according to fraps. That means jerky vehicle movement (although not as bad as the videos have been) and almost (but not quite) smooth infantry movement animations as long as too much isn't going on. I haven't been able to bring myself to cut down my screen resolution to 600 X 800 yet, but that's my next experiment. Time to upgrade, gang.

On the brighter side, the game looks gorgeous and the animations are excellent.

A Pentium-4 with less than 800 MHz FSB (before Northwood) is just a very lousy machine for most purposes, gaming among them.

I never got why people bought them, all the benchmarks published on the hardware sites and still. Pling Pling Intel Pling.