Theatre of War Demo Released!

Madmatt

Originally posted by crazyman56:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Madmatt:

After years of waiting, Theatre of War is finally being released and to celebreate the event we are happy to make available the game demo.

Madmatt

Havent you spelt celebrate wrong???

JUst thought i would tell you:) </font>

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried to download the demo this morning, i'm not blessed with a fast connection and the download took 3 and a half hours. tried to run the damn thing and it glibly told me that the file was corrupt and to download it again! doesnt bode well for the full game but hey ho! i'll keep on trying and if push comes to shove i'll just have to wait for the disc and curse you lucky B********* while i wait. ;)

Originally posted by Midnight Warrior:

I downloaded and installed the demo (and ran the setup program) but when I try to launch it nothing happens. Is there something else I need to do? :confused:

BTW, I have a Pentium D Processor 820. Should that work?

Yep everibody got that one in the earlier downloads, go to the setup, it is in the directory where you instaled the demo, and change the resolution, it is set as 1600, and most screens dont suport this, and check the suport section of the forum, other tricks are there posted.

Isnt it wierd that the demo was released on one of the days the mission in it was fought as says here in wikipedia:

The Battle of the Seelow Heights was one of the last pitched battles of World War II. It was fought over four days, from April 16 until April 19, 1945.

I don't believe it!

I just ran the demo on my 2.4+ Athlon/512 MB/NVidia Ti-4200 system!

The game does not seem to be graphically limited at all; the basic training was as beautiful as the screenshots.

Unfortunately, at the other scenarios the unit count = CPU/Memory requirements kicked in!

Tomorrow I shall move to a Core2Duo laptop with 1 GB and a crappy GPU! That will be interesting!

Great game by the way! Very polished! Seems to have a lot of depth! I was particularly impressed by the LOS resolution when I crawled with my sniper around the tank wracks to kill the gun crew!!

The "Selow Height" scenario, which was *barely* playable on my system, seems to overload my sensors! Here, real-time takes its toll!

All in all, this has "Close Combat Killer App" written all over it!

Best regards,

Thomm

this demo is very useful to show how the game seems not finished and wrong. how sad.

this even not a close combat level..

i just tried the first mission and it's so slow on my 4600+ that i bored a lot

i think there are too many units and too much sims effect (unlike rts) to be handled by a common cpu...

well, the games seems to be wrong in the design for me : /

i will not by it

i have 2GB

i think it's the cpu because at the beginning it was great (with all options to max) but the more russian units come, the more it lag even if i put option to middle/low

a cpu bottleneck in the sim engine maybe

• 2 weeks later...

Got an 2.8ghz Intel, 512 RAM and an Nvidia 6600.

Probably not the best specs for the game. But the problem I have with the demo is how long it takes a scenario to load. The first tutorial took almost 15 min. to load. The progress bar crawled....

Once loaded, it wasn't bad as long as I had the graphic settings set low. But what is with the long loading times? Is this just because it's the demo?

Looking forward to getting this in the future, when I upgrade my machine.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by RKFM:

what is with the long loading times? Is this just because it's the demo?

It's due to your current system specs. Unfortunately your system doesn't meet the minimum system requirements, let alone the recommended specs. Specifically, you should have a minimum of 1GB of memory.

When playing the demo, I never experienced loading times longer than roughly 15 seconds.

The system specs, minimum and recommended, are available here.

[ May 16, 2007, 07:17 AM: Message edited by: flintlock ]

The pathced game is far better than the demo. I read in other forums and discussions that many people form their opinion about ToW from the demo and decide not to buy.

It would be good for the sales if now and then the demo is patched as well.

Nah, I thinks its not included in the demo, mate.

Though I myself, would love to have the power and opportunity to send waves after waves of men and tanks. It woulkd feel great!!!!

Hmm... You know, I think the demo doesn't really give out much. I mean, I read from Strategy.com that many viewers played the game but ended up thinking it negative. I would hope that the demo could have included one map from 3 or 4 nations that could let people see tings sucj as artillary barrages, air strikes that kinda things...

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know if this is a demo problem or video card problem, I downloaded the Demo installed it and corrected the resolution to the right one tried to launch it again and no success....

I upgraded my Nvidia Ge8800 GTX drivers as well to up to date ones....and tried again no success...

why is the demo not launching for me?? am i doing something wrong please help me.....

my specs are

Dual Core Processor 3.3 GHz

Nvidia 8800 756mb GTX card

2 Gig Ram