Theatre of War "Sound and Fury" Video Released!

Madmatt

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant video guys, very nice sounds. Not too sure about the MG34, but the rest are fantastic. Especially the artillery.

Just one thing, though. Why are the US troops firing bolt-actions (looking at the animations and timings between shots) that sound like Garands?

Originally posted by [X] Charlie:

Brilliant video guys, very nice sounds. Not too sure about the MG34, but the rest are fantastic. Especially the artillery.

Just one thing, though. Why are the US troops firing bolt-actions (looking at the animations and timings between shots) that sound like Garands?

Yes my thoughts too actually.

The Youtube vids I found of Mg34's certainly doesnt sound like in this vid. There were some smg sounds too for the German and US? troops too that could be different. But apart from that it looked very good.

CBR

After viewing the video again, I find that it seems as though ToW definitely has the potential to deliver a very immersive and visceral gaming experience.

The preorder is complete, so now all that remains is a countdown to release day. smile.gif

[ April 14, 2007, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: flintlock ]

Did no one else see infantry units disappearing then reappearing? It was like playing WWIIOL and having the player visibility limit at the lowest setting, units just appear as you get near out of no where. LOok at 4:02 on the video, the guy in front of the 251 disappears then a bit later he reappears in the couched positon at 4:20. And at 4:18 another guy to the top left of the screen all of a sudden out of thin air appears moving forward, not coming from off screen onto the screen, but literally appearing out of no where.

What the hell is that about?

Not bad for an RTS smile.gif . A bit jerky, was that just the FRAPSing? Ah well I've got machine enough to play it nice and smooth no matter what it needs!

Some of the voice acting could wasn't so great. "Hurrah! Follow me men! Last one to the tuck shop gets a wedgy!".

Originally posted by wokelly:

Did no one else see infantry units disappearing then reappearing? It was like playing WWIIOL and having the player visibility limit at the lowest setting, units just appear as you get near out of no where. LOok at 4:02 on the video, the guy in front of the 251 disappears then a bit later he reappears in the couched positon at 4:20. And at 4:18 another guy to the top ...

yeh i noticed to, but it were the enemy units that disappeared. probably because they got out of your LOS. the part of the video with the halftrack impresses me, you can see how the AI makes his units move in front of the sdkfz, while the sdkfz supports them with his mg, and he is also moving slowly forward. quite impressive for an AI

Originally posted by MeatEtr:

I thought it sounded great overall. But the vehicle MGs and cannons seemed a bit muffled(HT MG sounds off). I thought the actual vehicle movement sounds were fine though.

Also thought the Amis sounded dumb, "Follow me men" and that "Hurrah" is just plain bad, should only be for the infamous russian charge.

Nonetheless, it sounded great, love the airstrikes. I'm looking forward to to it even more now.

Yes I agree please dont put "Hurrah follow me men" in the final version. Patton would be turning over in his grave.

I am coming back to the bit muffled sounds of MGs and tank guns. I know it is quite hard to find historic data of how especially tank guns sounded (assuming that most historic combat footage was dubbed later on). But here is a little clip as comparison - I would love to have this kind of sound effects in ToW.

Fully knowing that the ammunition used in this video is probably not fully acousticly comparable to the historic ammunition.

of Jagdpanther firing.

Uwe

It is the final version ! It went Gold.

The english speaking world is used to get the best voice castings in their units.

This time you get the taste of what the rest of the world gets when it sees is language replicated on a videogame. smile.gif

I am used to watch portuguese factions in games speaking spanish.

What would you think if the americans in this game speaked italian. Well if i can live whith portuguese speaking spanish, you can live whith americans speaking comical english.

I just love the "Yuuhhúúú", it feels like a party, and whith the brilliant artillery barrage sounds it will sound brilliant.

This game will be the best ever. ;)

this is how loud the tanks in TOW should be!

that deep rumble is missing and overall not loud enough

although these vehicles don't sound like that, but the camera mic might not be so crash hot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHv6pa-6Jig&NR=1

I like all the pops and clacks. The Hetzer main gun in action as well

[ April 15, 2007, 02:56 AM: Message edited by: CoolColJ ]

Reichenberg:

Funny, I also watched this video 2 days ago. ...and thought about, what good sound files you could get for a game, if you just want.

Yesterday night I played the "Sudden Strike 3" Demo again, and even there the tank firing sounds are nice. A game which is not about presentation at all. Hope in ToW it`s moddable.

MikoyanPT:

You are so right. I posted about this in another thread, too. It`s really a pity that the voices sound so inappropriate. Just the friends of the developers sitting in front of a mic, I guess. ;)

CoolColJ:

Nice videos. If I hear the scary fly-over sound of the Mustangs and compare them to the old IL-2 fly-over sounds of the latest video ... better don`t.