Gone Gold

Aries

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's right....

Apart from the 10$ save there's another advantage in the "package" what says we'll be able to download it before the official release date.

Of course "before" is quite abstract term, but I think for quite a lot of us, how this "before" is finally applied, will decide in the future for other battlefront products announced to be preordered.

I saw this on Wargamer. Does this mean we will have to buy and register with this dl service, or are they buying it?

Due to the high demand and large number of pre-orders and to be able to deliver the anticipated download bandwidth required especially for the first days of release, Battlefront has multiplied its file hosting capacity by partnering with Fileburst, one of the leading high volume data delivery service providers on the market.

Thanks,

Mike

K9crump, you do not need to register with Fileburst of course or buy anything from them. We did an internal business agreement with them so they'll be helping us with hosting the download on their infrastructure, that's all. For you, the customer, it'll be just one and the same download link smile.gif

Martin

In fact, if I'm not mistaken, those of us who preordered already have the link in our confirmation email, it just doesn't go anywhere yet. :)

I wonder. If they activated that link now, without an announcement, how long do you think it would take before the news spread that it's alive?

The download link is activated, I'm downloading the game right now. I guess they don't want to annouce it yet to avoid the huge hit on the servers, or the possible server crash. Check it out for yourself, I'm dling at a damn good speed too, 350Kbps for me is good. tongue.gif

Originally posted by Juardis:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Madmatt:

We are shooting for a download file just under 2 gigs in size.

Madmatt

I have to admit it's been a LOOOOOONG time since I've downloaded a game, but 2 gigs?!?! :eek: Surely you jest?! </font>

No, By all means take your time, we all seem to love waiting around here. Lets download it next month - make that possibly next month, with no promise, but more than likely end of next month, beginning of the following at the latest.

As long as we get our $10.00 off who cares we can wait forever.