Hang on a Sec

TopGun

I joined this forum in anticipation of the game also, but if we keep on asking the devs to change this and that you are just delaying the game more. Let them finish and then we critique the game and make suggestions. Believe me i would assume its frustrating for them also.

TopGun :cool:

Originally posted by TopGun:

I joined this forum in anticipation of the game also, but if we keep on asking the devs to change this and that you are just delaying the game more. Let them finish and then we critique the game and make suggestions. Believe me i would assume its frustrating for them also.

TopGun :cool:

Yeah that must be it, it has nothing to do with localization. Thanks a million Maverick. What would we do with out you? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by luckyorwhat:

I really don't think that's a problem. If the developers are being delayed by forum suggestions, then I'm Santa Claus.

Dear Santa,

I've been a good boy this year, well, there was that whole schoolgirl thing but I'm sure that's water under the bridge. You wouldn't hold that against a fella would you?

Besides, I looked good in that uniform.

Anyway, for christmas this year I would really really really like a nice computer and ToW and CM:SF and a new car and a nice holiday and a new job and everyone in the world to be friends.

Yours in anticipation, Other Means.

Originally posted by votequimby:

I couldn't really figure out what they are complaining about but yeah some folks aren't happy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was a response from another post.

Reason enough to be thankful it isn't being rushed into production here.

This is what i mean Meatetr you are complaining to hurry up and for them to finish the game and then this persons response is that hes thankful they arent rushing it into production here, so much for localization and santa claus outfits I guess. or maybe you should just start applying for your visa to the red state. Heard its real cold this time of year.

Originally posted by TopGun:

Originally posted by votequimby:

I couldn't really figure out what they are complaining about but yeah some folks aren't happy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was a response from another post.

Reason enough to be thankful it isn't being rushed into production here.

This is what i mean Meatetr you are complaining to hurry up and for them to finish the game and then this persons response is that hes thankful they arent rushing it into production here, so much for localization and santa claus outfits I guess. or maybe you should just start applying for your visa to the red state. Heard its real cold this time of year.

I never said anything about hurry up and get the game out. Hell, if it was up to me, take 3-4 more months to make it even better. Trust me, my patience is rock solid when it comes to games. Heck, do I have to go find that post where it says "the game is done, just doing the localization"?

But on that note...

Originally posted by Megakill:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by luckyorwhat:

I really don't think that's a problem. If the developers are being delayed by forum suggestions, then I'm Santa Claus.

Well, time to buy the red outfit then. I am serious. :cool: </font>

Originally posted by MeatEtr:

Heck, do I have to go find that post where it says "the game is done, just doing the localization"?

1C said that about Whirlwind of Vietnam just recently. You are sure they said that for ToW, too?

Last I heard it was a generic "we work on BFC change requests", which includes "real" programming.

Here's some quotes for you redwolf. ;)

Posted Sept. 29th

Guys Russian version will be slightly ahead of w/w release. We need some extra time to get all translations done, etc, etc.

Demo - now it is almost there. With BF for final testing.

Just posted Oct. 25th

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Oh, and the game still isn't translated into English or any other non-Russian language. So yeah, that alone is keeping it out of your hands. It is not a small effort. That's why localization is often done after the initial release in a single primary language.

Steve

By these posts, I'd say it sounds like their done adding features to the game.

Hoolaman, most are aware of the gun range increase confirmed by Megakill's Aug. 28th post here. So that's been in now for awhile.

well i really hope that very-very soon

yes, changing to realistic ranges took a bit more time than we expected, plus we are now playing around with various levels - what missions to put into the demo, and how many...

(jumps on other side of fence)

But there's still a possibility that their adding more. Which is a good thing IMHO. But it can't be much though, the 2 versions still need to be compatible.

Madmatt said on Oct. 18th:

There will be very obvious differences between the Russian and Western versions of the game and the main reason is because the Western version will reflect all the changes we have been requesting and helping 1c make to the game. These changes take time to implement, and it also takes time to properly localize a game to our standards.

And with Megakill's recent post I already quoted earlier. So my question still stands...

Originally posted by MeatEtr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Megakill:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by luckyorwhat:

Well, time to buy the red outfit then. I am serious. :cool: </font>