Taking and posting screen shots.

Wicky Search might be my friend if my PC's internet capacity was functioning at more than the 10% that it is currently so doing. I can't access any of the links or what-nots from the posts in this forum. I can't access anything that requires pass words and therefore I can't even look at my emails let alone send one. Tests show that my PC is now infected with bloody full blown HIV positivity and completely fagged and I'm practically on my knees and sucking on it!

I'm getting it swiped and fixed very soon hopefully, but some how I'm able to get on to BF.C.

Anyway, I'll access from another computer and I'll take a good look at the Search thingy thanks Wicky asap, but in the mean time I'd like to have the process explained to me in detail because I am a complete ludite. (And as I have posted before, I've actually got an ancestor who became a transported convict in 1835 for leading a band of industrial sabotours as part of a later ludite movement known as the Swing riots, whatever that was meant to mean back then!)

Originally posted by Zalgiris 1410:

SNIP I've actually got an ancestor who became a transported convict in 1835 for leading a band of industrial sabotours as part of a later ludite movement known as the Swing riots, whatever that was meant to mean back then!)

Swing Riots

Short Version

Long Version

Thanks very much jeffsmith for providing the links on the "Swing riots", especially the long version and its further links. I'll have to now dig up the family tree material, awesome.

Thanks Wicky I've had to use another computer to link to the thread, but I've done that now so I'll quote it here so that I can check it latter at home:

Press PrintScrn, switch to the desktop, open MS paint, then use the Edit/Paste menu and you have it in the paint program.

I hope that that is all there is to it!

[ September 27, 2005, 12:28 AM: Message edited by: Zalgiris 1410 ]

• 2 weeks later...

OK my computer has bee upgraded and cleaned so now I'm still wanting to try to put a few screenshots in some of my posts about senarios and for tips etc, still don't know how to do it. I need help with this, please any advice needs to be based on the understanding that I know absolutely zip about doing this and therefore any explainations need to be crystal clear in the form of handholding.

I have registered with the photobucket link that Dogface has provided but that seems to be more for facilitating photos than for CM screenshots. I also don't know how to create the "PrtScrn" screenshots as jpg, bmp, etc folder / files nor do I have any clue about URL. I don't have MS Paint unfortunately but I have managed to copy a screenshot of a Pz Jagar I fully exploding into MS Powerpoint at least.

This is frustrating and embarrising to be sure and I appologize for still having to ask about this. redface.gif

How to take a screenshot on a PC (PDF)

Powerpoint is not the program you'll need to edit graphics files, as it's a presentatation package which displays images but is hamstrung in doing anything which you require. Check www.versiontracker.com for a PC freeware/shareware graphics program that will allow you to manipulate images and files. I don't know off the top of my bonce what iis good or not as I'm on a Apple Mac. :cool: (If you get really stuck send it me - e-mail in profile - and I can tidy it up and put it up for you)

Just convert and RESIZE your image into a jpg or gif and submit it to the webhost. Bring the image up in your web browser, click on the image and right click - the option to open in its own window should come up. Copy the URL ie. h**p://www.urladdress.com/hornytank.jpg etc. and then when posting in the forum click in the reply window image into the popup image window- paste the URL from your webbrowser - preview to see it's not to big as it is annoying to have super size images choking a thread - then post it

[ October 11, 2005, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

Wicky where should I save your link to in order to read it?

I also have another question, just how exactly do I actual submit it to the webhost and or use the web browser, is that done while logged into the webhost?

Sorry I'm really struggling, I'm trying to reread your quick reply and it might take a while for it to sink in, thanks.

Edit: Ooh, ooh, Resizing the image into a jsp, etc, is that done in an MS program like MS Powerpoint or somewhere before I try and take it to a webhost? I'll go and see what I can do for awhile. BTW what does all these file tags mean and what does URL stand for?

[ October 11, 2005, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: Zalgiris 1410 ]

Save it desktop - have you a pdf reader?

If not try here PDF file reader

Don't worry you'll be savvy after this intense 2 seps back - 1 forward phase smile.gif

Originally posted by Zalgiris 1410:

Wicky where should I save your link to in order to read it?

I also have another question, just how exactly do I actual submit it to the webhost and or use the web browser, is that done while logged into the webhost?

Sorry I'm really struggling, I'm trying to reread your quick reply and it might take a while for it to sink in, thanks.

At the top of the page there should be this

h**p://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=8&t=005105

which is the URL to this forum

What is a URL = Uniform Resource Locator (world wide web address)

Check what I said about PowerPoint in my ealier edited post, basically that is like trying to use a hammer to bang in a screw when you really need a crossheaded screwdriver. ;)

OK after reading the link in adobe Reader 6.0 I've found that I actually do have the acessories Paint thingy as depicted in the 4 page PDF discussion at last thankfully. I was able to copy the screenshot image from MS Powerpoint but it didnit ask to Resize it.

I saved it there anyway but now I don't now how to get it to a web host and it wont allow me to send it anywhere. May be as it ask me to check my Outlook program I'll have to get my younger brother to help me further.

It might also be a case that I will have to take another screenshot using the PrtScrn button and copy it / paste it in Paint directly in order to proceed.

BTW I can't see how to get it to ask me to convert the image or file into a jpg, or gif or for a URL adress either. again this might require the new screenshots to happen or for me to sort my PC out in the Outlook connection department etc, I have to waite for my brothers help in that case.

BTW thanks for the reminder Wicky I think I skimmed over your comments on MS Powerpoint, but I'll also waite for my brothers assistance before I proceed with trying out the wank.vision.cum link that you provided there too.

I appreciate your assistance so far Wicky, I'll eventually get this right but if I can't get much further soon enough I'll email before the end of the week if neccessary, thanks for the offer.

OK from the Paint program save it as a jpg (desktop or a folder on your hard drive - still best resize whilst you are in Paint just so it isn't more than say bigger than 600 pixels up or across.

Then the webhost program I imagine will direct you to upload an image for them to host. locate the jpg file you have created as per it instructs and it should transfer up to the interweb ready for the world to see once you share the URL www address

Wicky I'm still struggling with this whole process. I noticed that there is a BMP sub-folder thingy within the CMBB/AK folders. I was wondering if that is for saving screenshots into from the game as well and if using it hepls in this process.

BTW my brother doesn't understand why you can't just simply copy and paste a screenshot image from Paint directly into the Reply box or while editing posts. Would this also work better from the BMP folder thingy or somefink?

OTOH we are also not sure about creating or connecting to a webpage or webhost for handling the screenshot images from Paint or the BMP folder etc! We are trying to look into downloading a programme that converts BMP or bitmap screenshot images from the Paint accessory into jpg or gif files through searching etc.

I'll try beginning again by taking another CM screenshot and following the process AIUI so far and also to try out that BMP sub-folder thingy.

Thanks again Wicky, BTW I gather that the screenshots from CM can only be attatched to or posted in forum posts as a URL contraption, is this true, unlike as with the case for ordinary pictures?

Wicky I'm still struggling with this whole process. I noticed that there is a BMP sub-folder thingy within the CMBB/AK folders. I was wondering if that is for saving screenshots into from the game as well and if using it hepls in this process.
Your CM bmp data folder has absolutely nothing to do with screenshots, it is the data repository for the appearance of your CM game.

BTW my brother doesn't understand why you can't just simply copy and paste a screenshot image from Paint directly into the Reply box or while editing posts. Would this also work better from the BMP folder thingy or somefink?
Try it - does it work? No because it isn't a valid way of shifting digital data around from the confines of your computer to the World Wide Web. Meddle with your CM game BMP file folder at your own peril. If you intefere with it not knowing what you're doing with the files you risk the danger of having to reinstall CM.

OTOH we are also not sure about creating or connecting to a webpage or webhost for handling the screenshot images from Paint or the BMP folder etc! We are trying to look into downloading a programme that converts BMP or bitmap screenshot images from the Paint accessory into jpg or gif files through searching etc.
graphic viewer 1.0 Product Description:

A simple image viewer program that allows for very basic image manipulation. Can handle various formats (GIF, JPEG, BMP, ...), format conversion, scaling, sizing, and similar.

Also includes a slide show component.

Graphic Converter, but for Windows and on a starvation diet.

I'll try beginning again by taking another CM screenshot and following the process AIUI so far and also to try out that BMP sub-folder thingy.
Ignore your CM bmp folder

Thanks again Wicky, BTW I gather that the screenshots from CM can only be attatched to or posted in forum posts as a URL contraption, is this true, unlike as with the case for ordinary pictures?
Below is a picture that I've previously uploaded to be hosted at .Mac server and I can get to display here by posting the pointer URL address:

[**IMG]h**p://homepage.mac.com/spaderunner/realoddies/images/original_oddie.gif

Remove the '**' and you get the picture to show up just like below:

original_oddie.gif

OK first try finally, and here's hoping!

Test:

Exploding PanzerJaegar I

pzjagari6rj.jpg

Edit: it's a bit too big sorry (and I've had to say that many times before), but anyway I'm ecstatic, thanks for all your help Wicky. I couldn't have got it up without you. ;)

(Don't worry mate I've got a headache now after shooting off my first load!) tongue.gif

[ October 16, 2005, 02:19 AM: Message edited by: Zalgiris 1410 ]