Thanks, but no Tanks...

Will_McElwee

Originally posted by Rollstoy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

So it is possible that I made a mistake linking the two together, though I made no mistake in banning Will_McElwee.

Sigrun was banned on October 11th. Will_McElwee registered on October 11th.

I would not worry too much about a mistake, if I was you!

Best regards,

Thomm </font>

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Sergei:

No, infantry can't enter buildings in the game. Therefore there's no urban fighting, just rural settings.

That's bad news. I have seen very nice villages in the screenshots. :(

You would have thought he'd have saved this post for the swastika thread.
You'd think, wouldn't you?

BTW, Sigrun is now posting as Sepp on SimHQ and Kaben on Paradox's website. I suspect he'll post as different personas on different Forums. He's sent me a really nicely worded insane email telling me as such. All he does is just prove how right I was to ban him.

Some people really need to seek professional help.

Steve

Some people really need to seek professional help.

music.......... daht dut dunna dah

Cult Following presents:

YOU <o> guess the word,

Round 1, known as a form of insanity

a psychotic disorder characterized by loss of contact with the environment, by noticeable deterioration in the level of functioning in everyday life, and by disintegration of personality expressed as disorder of feeling, thought (as in hallucinations and delusions), and conduct called also dementia praecox

Round 2, dementia can be caused by this,

a common venereal disease caused by the Treponema pallidum spirochete; symptoms change through progressive stages; can be congenital (transmitted through the placenta)

[ October 20, 2006, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: ajj1912 ]

Steve,

So he sent you an email saying that was some troll from the UK with a similar IP. Tell me you misspoke; he didn't mention UK or the IP as that would be pretty dumb and clearly indicate his guilt.

Re: ToW, this is like DT; I'll take my time deciding to buy it. CM2 (Be it CMWWII or CMSF or whatever I'll not only buy myself a copy I'll buy my brother and another friend of mine who I turned onto CMBB copies also, the day it comes out.

Re: The bannings and such and the way they were carried out; I feel a bit uncomfortable with some of it, but that's just me. And I fully understand that I have no RIGHT to be here and I could be banned just for saying Steve talks funny or MadMatt smells like old cheese.

Civdiv,

Email address is from UK. I've also confirmed (with additional info) that Will McElwee is the same nutter, so my instincts to ban him based on the info at hand was a good one.

Since yesterday he's attempted to sign me up for various gay email lists (didn't work smile.gif ) and he's sent more threatening emails to at least one other Forum member. He's insane, sure enough. Fortunately, the insane usually aren't that hard to spot.

Steve

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Civdiv,

Email address is from UK. I've also confirmed (with additional info) that Will McElwee is the same nutter, so my instincts to ban him based on the info at hand was a good one.

Since yesterday he's attempted to sign me up for various gay email lists (didn't work smile.gif ) and he's sent more threatening emails to at least one other Forum member. He's insane, sure enough. Fortunately, the insane usually aren't that hard to spot.

Steve

Yeah, he contacted me via email to plead his case. I basically told him I didn't care one way or another as I didn't have a dog in the fight. He was pleasant so he isn't harrassing me or anything. I replied and then I blocked him. I told him I converse with fellow gamers whom I do not know on msg boards, not via email.

Well, whoever he is/was he had some valid points IMO. especially about the rudeness and hostility to new people, and the lock-step mentality of the older members here.

it's not a pleasant place to be, and is a dis-service to those interested in ToW, like I was when I came by here (especially when contrasted with, say, the Total War Center forums, where I recently stopped by to ask some questions and get my Rome Total Realism up to date. They were helpful, courteous, and welcoming to newcomers).

I don't think I'll return here. best of luck to the ToW team and I wish the game great success.

Well, whoever he is/was he had some valid points IMO
The Unibomber had a point about technology getting out of hand in our society, but his message was rather obscured by the fact that his methods involved blowing people up. I'd rather he just wrote it out nicely instead of mailing hard to follow diatribes after some poor sod had is face spattered on the wall.

Steve

Least it isn't as bad as the subsim forums,yet...some of the people there seem to want lifeboats with survivors modded in...so they can destroy them. It also gets a bit tiring to hear them address each other occasionally as "Herr Kaleun"

Sometimes a few of them give the impression that they think they are real u-boat commanders...it can be strange and weird over there at times.

Originally posted by Darryl60:

Least it isn't as bad as the subsim forums,yet...some of the people there seem to want lifeboats with survivors modded in...so they can destroy them. It also gets a bit tiring to hear them address each other occasionally as "Herr Kaleun"

Sometimes a few of them give the impression that they think they are real u-boat commanders...it can be strange and weird over there at times.

How unsurprising to hear that, given our friend Sigrun hosts a forum and website devoted to submarine games... Hmmm...

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

heehee....I have another stalker!

Thank God this one researched me - Henchman refers to a regimental award I hold, and dressed to kill refers to one of my books.

**swoon**

A worthy enemy!

i love the way you make yourself out to be something more than your are. regimental awards can be for many things.. holding the Col's dog could get you that award.

Is it a combat award from Afghanistan? Now that would be impressive. i saw some of your guys out there earlier this year. Nice blokes, none of them seemed to know you though. Diffrent regiment I suppose.

I'm due to go back there after Xmas, any chance we may end up in the same trench, I will bring my laptop, could be a real chance for a hotseat pbem.

Originally posted by GSX:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

[qb] heehee....I have another stalker!

Thank God this one researched me - Henchman refers to a regimental award I hold, and dressed to kill refers to one of my books.

**swoon**

A worthy enemy!

i love the way you make yourself out to be something more than your are. </font>

MD

Please accept my apologies for my comments. After re-reading my comments I realise that you were right.

I guess this board just gets my back up more often than not for the manner that new posters are treated by certain others here. It seems at times like the lower your membership number or the higher your post count actually matters more than what you have to say.

In fairness your contribution to the Canadian military is more than mine to the UK one.

Cheers

gsx

Originally posted by GSX:

MD

Please accept my apologies for my comments. After re-reading my comments I realise that you were right.

I guess this board just gets my back up more often than not for the manner that new posters are treated by certain others here. It seems at times like the lower your membership number or the higher your post count actually matters more than what you have to say.

In fairness your contribution to the Canadian military is more than mine to the UK one.

Cheers

gsx

No worries, Mate. And I honestly don't think there is any merit in comparing levels of contribution - the mere act of swearing an oath to the Queen and putting on a uniform is significant, especially in this day and age, I think. I had a woman write to me to help interpret her father's Second World War documents. He never discussed the war much (those that have actually been in them tend not to want to talk about it) and hinted he had been in a "top secret commando unit".

It was not easy for me to tell her that the documents indicated he had been in a Tipper Platoon - which in current English indicates he had driven a dump truck. In England. During those times he wasn't actually in the hospital, which seemed extensive. He never made it across the Channel, much less got within earshot of the front line.

He should not have been embarrassed about what he did - certainly many would consider him lucky - but I think perhaps he was, to the point of lying to his family about what he did.

I appreciate you are merely being humble, but we both know you have every right to be proud of your contributions - like a good soldier, though, you don't feel the need to brag about it. I can also understand why you felt I violated that unwritten code with my own comments. Self-puffery is rarely attractive, and in military circles, as you know from personal experience, simply not tolerated. No need to explain, from my perspective. smile.gif

It's easy to read posts the wrong way. I've enjoyed your posts in the other forums - CM:SF etc., and will continue to do so, I am sure. I do hope your tour is a good one.

Oh, and as for the treatment of newcomers - well, your points are apt, I'm as guilty as anyone else of initiating a trial by fire. You are right that it serves little purpose.