do we get swastikas ?

franz

Originally posted by ajj1912:

Why I want swastika flags in the game, where they belong, i.e. early panzers.

1) I am not a neo-nazi

2) It reminds every U.S. citizen why and how we can kick ass.

3) It is associated with a failed idea (Germany's imperialism)

4) You have swastikas in the game, but you don't have an opinion about it, or you see the whole issue from a neutral point of view. In this case, you can also go to Option 5.

5) It reminds the U.S. citizen that even after we totally defeat the wanna-be's we will still risk our skins to fly through Mig-alley, ( and help give supplies to those who were trying to kill us,) because we are kind and generous nation.

6) Our belief in freedom of speech as set forth in the U.S. Bill of Rights allows it. (Sorry for those of you who do not enjoy this freedom.)

7) The U.S. flag will be in the game because the U.S. participated in this armed conflict and was victorious, much like the USSR.

8) We don't ban Uncle Joe's flag even though he killed lots of people himself.

now, any intelligent questions?

sorry bipolars, this means you may not be able to reply.

Why no one cares what you want:

a) no one is leaving the artwork out of the game simply for spite or out of ignorance - it is against the law in some countries to include it. Plain and simple

B) you can mod all the skins to your heart's content. I know I certainly did - all my German armour in CMBB has a red flag with the hakenkreuz on it, very hand for identifying friendly armour from the higher viewpoints (kind of the historical reason they did it, too0

Much ado about nothing. You can take the US Bill of Rights and do whatever you like to it for all the application it will have in Europe. smile.gif

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True.........True!!!

I guess I am hoping they sell 40,000+ copies to the U.S. alone. Then LOCALIZATION would MEAN something.

Are you guys (our friends in Germany and Battlefront) trying to tell me that

A) You don't own or play games that have blood in them? Close Combat included, be honest now!

B) When was the last time anybody was convicted for playing a game that had illegal symbols in it?

True, I know it is different for developers. You would be better informed than I. smile.gif

I know I can mod symbols on the back of tanks if I want to. I might model a pin-up girl on the side of a plane if I so choose.

WHOOPS, pin-up girls are a no-no in the USAF, at least currently. Not PC

So maybe you can see why I am disgusted by the rules sometimes.

By the way, I know the US is not great or perfect. I just took that tone in my previous post only because it really does seem we are getting are ass handed to us in the Middle-East. We are (were) only a hyper-power after all........ Good morning Vietnam!!!!

[ October 20, 2006, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: ajj1912 ]

alot of people in this discussion seem to only see the symbol as pure evil, i hope you all realise that the symbol had been used for centuries before it was used by the nazi party (acient greek and medieval japan for example)and is still used today, people shouldnt be so offended by a symbol.

- as for not having swastikas in the game, makes perfect sense since it is banned in some countries and strangly offends alot of people, thus i totally agree with the game developers decision.

- Hitori kyo

Originally posted by Hitori Kyo:

alot of people in this discussion seem to only see the symbol as pure evil, i hope you all realise that the symbol had been used for centuries before it was used by the nazi party (acient greek and medieval japan for example)and is still used today, people shouldnt be so offended by a symbol.

- Hitori kyo

Is still being used today…………….Hmmmmmmm.

Do we have another one coming out the closet here. :confused:

always with calling people neo nazi's, you people need to grow up, the swastika is used today as a religious symbol for buddhists and hindus, the symbol orginally stood for the sun, life, good luck and strength. yet 6 odd years of bad use and its banned in countries even now 61 years on.

always with calling people neo nazi's, you people need to grow up, the swastika is used today as a religious symbol for buddhists and hindus, the symbol orginally stood for the sun, life, good luck and strength. yet 6 odd years of bad use and its banned in countries even now 61 years on.

Ditto, I am with Hitori on this one. The Swastika is thousands of years old and it still shows up in different and distinct cultures to this day. And I agree, leave it out as it adds little to the game, avoids problems for BFC, and it can be freely added as a mod as desired. And sorry Windy, if you are that ignorant or uninformed in regards to the origin and continued use of the swastika in non-Aryan nation usage, then I just pity you. Before you attack someone try and have a grasp of the topic at hand.

Originally posted by civdiv:

Ditto, I am with Hitori on this one. The Swastika is thousands of years old and it still shows up in different and distinct cultures to this day. And I agree, leave it out as it adds little to the game, avoids problems for BFC, and it can be freely added as a mod as desired. And sorry Windy, if you are that ignorant or uninformed in regards to the origin and continued use of the swastika in non-Aryan nation usage, then I just pity you. Before you attack someone try and have a grasp of the topic at hand.

Lighten up, Frances

Am I the only one that has a hard time taken this forum serious. To tell you the truth I could care less about the symbol or any of your personal view and beliefs others on this forum have.

LOL,

how can anyone be offended to a reply they received on a swastika thread :rolleyes:

IT’S A JOKE !, kind of like this thread. :D

Get off the high horse ,

Maybe you should go back and re-read this thread and how our enlighten forum members try to explain the workings of the Bill of Rights and how they apply to Battlefront.

It’s a joke, why would anyone even ask such a question, perception is reality , that’s why !

Example: Ever go to a book store and approach the counter/sales person with a German WWII book in hand.

Did you feel uncomfortable as they looked at the cover with a swastika.

;)

We can always mod OK? Personally I think Pin-up girls on the side of aircraft is definitely more important. Here is what I was trying to say about certain aspects of marketing this game.

Let's say you develop a program in country A. Country A is full of nice people with a high culture and generally do not like gore. Country A has its own history, which is different than.....

Country B, we know nothing about country B except that it is extremely cheap to press CD's and game manuals. Country B could care less about the subject matter. Country B just wants to press CD's and game manuals and these will be sold to countries A and C.

Country C is a weird place. It has a low culture, many prisoners, and people do not get much vacation time. Country C does have a large population and a lot of cash to by CD games.

Right or wrong, (and you guys are starting to civilize me - so my thinking now is that we are wrong,) Country C has an appetite for lots of sex and violence and is willing to pay cash for it. Or at least carry around a lot of debt on plastic.

"Eureka!" says the developers in country A. We can bifurcate certain aspects of the game that will be sold so that both countries A and C can be happy with the CD game. Country A respects its unique laws and culture, and Country C's laws are exploited to further increase sales.

Those laws are derived from something country C has called a bill of rights. And here is the beauty of it, Country B will publish anything.

The developers sell many more copies in country C than they thought possible (because they were clever enough to take advantage of country C's crazy laws), and are rewarded with private jets, beautiful women, and mansions with marble floors.

Country C is rewarded with a growing prison population, diabetes, mucho firearm deaths, and insurmountable debt.

Country B has a steady income pressing game CD's and will eventually bankrupt country C through trade debt.

...and they all lived happily ever after...

the swastika is used today as a religious symbol for buddhists and hindus, the symbol orginally stood for the sun, life, good luck and strength.

And the Finns used it on their planes and tanks...

but not tilted in a white circle on a red background. That has a very specific meaning. Quit pretending that it doesn't.

Originally posted by ajj1912:

6) Our belief in freedom of speech as set forth in the U.S. Bill of Rights. (Sorry for those of you who do not enjoy this freedom.)

LOL, swastikas as a sign for the freedom of speech. Seriously man, please think about it...

The US goverment uses 9-11 like the nazis have used the Reichstagsbrand. The US invades foreign countries just on suspicions, lies and to save the worlds oil resources for themselves. This week has the President signed a law that allows even torture to save the lives of "US citizens", and what else is Guantanamo Bay as a KZ?

You (the US citizens) should better take care that the Stars and Stripes will once not mean the same to the world as the swastika flag.

- as for not having swastikas in the game, makes perfect sense since it is banned in some countries and strangly offends alot of people, thus i totally agree with the game developers decision.

- Hitori kyo

Yes, I know the difference, that's why I wrote "The swastika as used by the nazis..."

Originally posted by Scipio:

... LOL, swastikas as a sign for the freedom of speech. Seriously man, please think about it...

The US goverment uses 9-11 like the nazis have used the Reichstagsbrand. The US invades foreign countries just on suspicions, lies and to save the worlds oil resources for themselves. This week has the President signed a law that allows even torture to save the lives of "US citizens", and what else is Guantanamo Bay as a KZ?

You (the US citizens) should better take care that the Stars and Stripes will once not mean the same to the world as the swastika flag.

Campaigning for the swastika and trying to add validation to your asinine request by comparing your perceived similarities to the Stars and Stripes is extremely offensive. :mad:

LOL, swastikas as a sign for the freedom of speech. Seriously man, please think about it...

I have thought about it. We have to let the nuts on the fringe of society to have certain rights so that those rights are not eventually eroded into the mainstream.

Today swastikas, tommorow pin-up girls :( .

I get offended some of the time about divisive issues. The important part is that at least the issues are being presented.

Here is a forum where we have people spanning the entire globe talking about swastikas and nobody has really freaked out about it. That is the way it should be.

Yes I don't take it too seriously. I have decided to focus on pin-up girls smile.gif

I don't know about Europe, but when fringe elements march in the USA they pretty much only attract a crowd who doesn't like them.

Well, I am done with this thread. Maybe someone will start one about "Flags of our Fathers."

Originally posted by Scipio:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ajj1912:

6) Our belief in freedom of speech as set forth in the U.S. Bill of Rights. (Sorry for those of you who do not enjoy this freedom.)

You (the US citizens) should better take care that the Stars and Stripes will once not mean the same to the world as the swastika flag. </font>

Originally posted by Kommissar:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Here is one of my interviews, with a veteran of Panzer Lehr:

http://www.deutschesoldaten.com/personal/martens.htm

Mr. Dorosh, I'll give you a little journalistic tip. When you interview people, try quoting them. Let them speak for themselves. It was an interesting story nonetheless. </font>

No worries we can't even agree on fencing a portion of our border let alone setting up death camps, and that is setting aside which ethnic minority to exteriminate. Because, and I'm just guessing, but the final soulution to question of the Swedes does not get much traction. :rolleyes:

I know you have all killed this already but in regards to Swastika's you would find them on vehicles advancing into the enemy.. ie.. scout vehicles, or a Recon in force with tanks. As in regards to Infantry, it was pretty much only the Waffen SS, or its bodyguard unit that applied them. And not to many Waffen SS men applied the Swastika, but they would apply the SS runes to the right side of the helmet. Pretty much the other branches applied the National Flag instead of the Swastika to the Left side of helmet.