...are we there yet?

onodoken

Well...Megakill is on holiday with his girlfriend..You can bet no demo until he returns.
Megakill/Nikolay

P.S. Don't miss me. I hope we can release the public demo during my absence anyway. [Razz]

smile.gif

I think we will get the demo in early september.

Originally posted by TuuSaR:

First they said end of August, then early September.

I guess feedback from beta-testers is causing changes/improments.

Well they are changing from a short range combat system to a full range (giving vehicles realistic combat ranges) so that should mean alot of extra testing...

//Salkin

Yes, we're falling a little behind schedule on the demo due to the amount of changes and testing. Early September? Fingers crossed.

As for an editor - Battlefront's and IL-2's past history should speak for itself. We want to make it happen, but it probably won't happen for the original release. You will still be able to "mod" missions using simple XML files, but in order to create a user-friendly editor and support it, would take way too much time.

So at the moment we're looking at including it in the first add-on/spin-off game next year.

Martin

Wouldn't it be nice to get demos along the way during a games development? Sort of like beta releases. Think about the level of ownership a player would have thinking they may have influenced the direction of the project with some suggestion made during it's development. The user would have to realize it's a work in progress and be mature enough to overlook certain coding errors and such. But judging by the number of folks on message boards, there may be a untapped resource available to the developers (and free!!). You'll need a strong project leader that can be the 'commander-in-chief' and make the hard decisions of what goes and what stays and juggle that with the bean counters.

That's what I figured. But I don't see why it would be more difficult than producing the betas. Just one line of code that restricts the scenario, campaign selection or whatever could be placed in the root program. Heck look at many of the games today, they're all demos until a few bug fixes come out!!! :) Anyway, I can wait. Thanks.