Another question - trajectory modeling

Redwolf

Originally posted by Vergeltungswaffe:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by BigDog944:

It's based on the IL-2 engine, which definitely models projectile trajectory. In IL-2, every machine gun bullet is modelled individualy for trajectory and damage caused!

But the 50 cals won't hurt anything. ;) </font>

Originally posted by RMC:

At least it does for the Panzerfaust. There's a screenie in the gallery that shows that.

http://www.battlefront.com/products/tow/screenshots/pages/grab0007.html

That doesn't count.

The shot is a rocket (e.g. Panzerschreck, not Panzerfaust) shot, and rocket flight paths need to be hand-coded anyway since the motor messes with the flight path after launch.

That doesn't allow conclusions about the treatment of gun/cannon shots that are left along after launch.

Its very hard to see shells in flight (they are drawn as thin, flashes of light) but from what I have seen in some of my long range engagement tests, yes this does *seem* to be modeled.

In CM, obviously, being able to watch the trajectory, pause and replay it over and over made it much easier to check, but I will keep my eyes open and report back what I find.

Madmatt

Trajectories are in the game. Plus as I said - big shells are even rendered (of course we do not render bullets :)) ).

Same for hit marks - trhey appear at the actual impact place. Same with engine fires for example - fire erupts at the place where the engine is (depends on the vehicle) not just on top of the vehicle as in most games.