Will the player have any control over the size of the battles?

markshot

I tend to prefer tiny to medium battles as opposed to large or huge battles.

In configuring CMC will it possible to control the scope of battles which the player will see?

If so, how would such an ability interface with the size of the maps such that they appropriate for the associated size of the forces?

Thanks.

I think it all depends on what the operational player does. He creates independent units (maneuver elements ME) for his needs.

If you prefer to play tactically with small units, and you play the operational part yourself, i guess you can do so... But most oponents (and i guess the AI, too) will try to follow Guderians rule, to concentrate units in time and space, which will probably make scattered small units doomed on the CMBB battlefield, when being attacked by far stronger forces.

Exactly right! Of course you could still "stack" many small MEs into one battle if you want, but in general the campaign designer will be able to determine the rough size and scope of the campaign (and hence individual battles) by how he assigns the MEs.

You could create a campaign with platoons as MEs, e.g. depicting some deep recon action with generally small battles. You could also try to depict some heavy breakthrough campaigns with battalions as MEs and hence large CMBB battles (at least until the MEs are whittled down smile.gif )

BTW, you can also mix and match MEs... the OOB editor allows you to piece together OOBs as you like using all available CMBB units (and also adjust various unit stats directly, like ammo, fatigue etc.) So when I say "platoon" it's not the same as a homogenous platoon of tanks of all the same type...

Martin

So, no doctrinal restrictions on OB mix-mastering? What I have in mind are things like, "these guys didn't concentrate their tanks until June 1942, they always parcelled them out to the infantry" or, "these guys always had a minimum of one company no recon".

Originally posted by Moon:

[snip] BTW, you can also mix and match MEs... the OOB editor allows you to piece together OOBs as you like using all available CMBB units[snip]

Originally posted by Moon:

BTW, you can also mix and match MEs... the OOB editor allows you to piece together OOBs as you like using all available CMBB units (and also adjust various unit stats directly, like ammo, fatigue etc.) So when I say "platoon" it's not the same as a homogenous platoon of tanks of all the same type...

That's simply fantastic! That means we can create all sorts of Kampfgruppen as maneuver elements.