Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

my occassional repeated question about...

MikeyD

...concrete traffic barriers showing up in the game? Or is there a game engine problem with giving line-of-fire values to a piece of placeable eye-candy?

[Edited after reading Sir 37mm below] If BFC's still tweaking the map engine, I wouldn't mind having two version of CMx1-style 'low stone wall' in the game, with one of them being dedicated modern traffic barrier design.

size1-army.mil-2007-01-09-094624.jpg

[ January 10, 2007, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

My thought was besides the obvious tactical utility (admittedly duplicatable by low walls) these traffic barriers would help anchor the game in 'today'. The presence of these objects defines 'modern' road infrastructure. When you see them you know you're not looking at the 1970s ...or even the early 80s, I guess .

Guys... I know what they are and what they are used for smile.gif The common name is Jersey Barriers and they were originally meant as quick, inexpensive barriers for construction projects. However, more and more they are being used beyond that.

My point is that I don't see a lot of evidence of them in Syria. I also am not sure how common they were in Iraq prior to Coallition occupation. Do the Syrians have some of these out and about? I'm sure they do. But enough to mess with? I don't think so.

Walls can not be set to any height in CM. We have two heights and several varieties of each (rural, urban, etc.).

Steve