Suggestion for module

Hello,

is it still poosible to make suggestions for modules?

Because I would think the forces of jordania would be interesting.

This doesn't mean, I think the marines, british, germans (and so on) will be boring, but they are all such high-tech-states with similar hardware.

I read jordania-troops equipped with older western stuff, which would make the fights more equal.

And from the setting it would be ok, too, because -as reference- I think they engaged in the 2nd gulf-war, too (so I suppose, they would join the allies in case of atomic detonations).

Bad idea?

Greetings, Alex

(and like always: sorry for the bad english!)

While a worthy suggestion, I would think it has one major flaw. The Jordanians will not draw a lot of people in to purchase the mod, compared to a Marines/Brits/Germans module. They are neither well know or perceived as cool and that would be a real headache for marketing the module.

What's wrong with the Enlish? Nothing that I could see. The German of most here would be far, far worse.

I see the point.

BUT

maybe it would be possible that the jordanians come along with the 'great nations' as addition part for part. Similar to the syrians, which new units support probably will end after the marines module (or what kind of material/troops they will have a chance to get?). For example in addition to the british modul, regular jordanians and in addition to the germans/canadians... elite jordanian-troops.

And:

I think most players of cmsf are grognards...so they will understand the idea behind the jordanian troops which will make advertising for this addition not so vital!

And it is only a idea...

(about the english: it often happens, when I post anywhere and I am in hurry, I read my post several days later, I hardly understand myself what I meant! It is extremly embarassing, because I have very much to read on technical english forums the whole day and my english doesn't become better! So better beforehand a apology!)

Yes, I've been rooting for Western-equipped and/or trained Arab "jundi" in the third module for some time, whether Jordanians, Iraqis or Kurds.

These troops would vary greatly in quality and motivation, from weak local police to elite Kurdish peshmerga commmandos with USSF/SAS "advisers" (read commanders/FOs). The latter are currently used in Iraq to eject insurgents from mosques, since they're both Muslim and reliable.

One specialized piece of kit I remember the jordanians having from my experience with AH's Arab-Israeli wars was the American Jeep with the rear-mounted 106mm recoilless rifle.

It would be fun to relive some of those scenarios in a modified CMSF, but, oh well.........

I also remember, historically, the Jordanians being the only Arab country that gave the Israelis some fits, but they simply weren't a sizable enough opponent to hold out long. They had quite a bit of Western equipment in their inventories. Including the British tanks.....