Two new Beta Combat Mission: Shock Force Videos

People have been demanding to see more of Combat Mission: Shock Force in action so today we have answered with two new beta videos.

The first video, Force Recon, shows a US unit run into heavy resistance during a House-to-House sweep on the outskirts of a Syrian town.

force_recon.jpg

The second video shows off another innovation in Combat Mission: Shock Force, the Support Interface. Artillery and Air Support are two of the the most important factors in modern combat, yet no game has truly captured them in a realistic way. CM:SF features a unique Support Panel which allows the player to call for Air and Artillery support using realistic procedures and options without having to go through months of Forward Observer training.

arty.jpg

Both videos were taken from a Beta version of the game so all models, textures and especially sound effects are still "works in progress" and do not represent finished product.

Combat Mission: Shock Force Video Page

Madmatt

excellent. Thank you for sharing. :D

Gpig

P.s. General_Solomon, CMSF does include urban combat, including interiors, etc. Though I do not believe there will be much detail w/regards to closets, kitchens, bathrooms etc. But there will be doors and windows. Plus stairways, rooftops and the like. It should be daunting as in real life (I imagine).

Originally posted by NoxSpartana:

Looks great... and it's coming this summer!!

BTW the music sounds really good too, much better than CMx1 IMO.

Yeah, interesting to note that at the time of the beta they were still using old CMBO/CMAK US troop voices.

Great stuff. Some comments:

- they e-troops don't take cover while reloading. That explains the second casualty in the Striker - just like in real life, standing up while changing a mag is lethal. If he'd ducked, he'd have been OK. Sometimes guys will forget, under stress, to take cover, but the basic rule is if you aren't shooting you're hiding. A prone guy would roll behind a pillar or away from a loophole; a kneeling guy would get lower and a standing guy would duck behind whatever cover he's using.

- kneeling in an open area in a hot firefight looks off - I would think they'd all be prone. On that note, they weren't making good use of the available cover - the columns.

- the area looks like a live-fire training facility - sterile. I assume that clutter will spice up the final thing.

Battlefront kept their words on everything.

" very niiiice... "(B0r4T style)

one request though - PLAESE PLZ PLEASE PLESZS - REMOVE those lazerbeams from release, or better else make an option button in the settings "turn on lazerbeams" - REALISM has more weight then gameplay - so what if n00bs will be crying "where did my shots go, I CANT SEE MY BULLETS"- morons!! YOU CANT SEE BULLETS flying - although my grandad WW2 veteran mentioned that he seen bullets flying - not tracers - actuall bullets when sun reflects from lead in the air - completly rare effect but it does takes place occasionally :D And for tracers - please dont make tracers look like lazers PLEEEEEEASE - dont make them look like Red Orchestra tracers - i cant even name a single game that had realistic looking tracers smile.gif ) Please be the first to show the world how tracers and bullets really look in different time of day, different weather cycle... I hold so much hope for this game - ohh yeah almost forgot will the FIRE effect will be completely redone - its the only thing that reminds me of CMx1 engine IMHO

Originally posted by Eichmann2:

These look great, but I was wondering whether there is the option to turn off the 'Star Wars' style laser tracers pinging about the battlefield?

But the lasers are a central feature of Combat Mission... :( Seriously, how else would you know who's firing at what?

• 2 weeks later...