Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Too all modders out there.

Here's an idea I was thinking about. This would be a pretty big mod but what if some one was to do a second Korain war mod like the ETO mod for CMAK. For the US Army, I think the uniforms would be fine and NATO camo patern for the M1s and Bradleys. I guess the big job would be the modding the Syrian Army to the North Korian Army. I'm just wondering who might think this would be a fun mod and would worth doing.

As I know,most of the North Korean weapons are outdated,especially the weapons of the Army.For example the most sophisticated tanks in north korean Army are some modified T-62.Maybe they have some tough soldiers in the special force,but I don't think the North Korean has any chance to win a regular war even with the South Korean

The first 8 hours would be an all artillery Götterdämmerung -- likely including nukes -- whose firepower would exceed the sum total of all firepower used in all the wars to date. Each side has had half a century to study the other side's positions in detail, and while the North has more tubes (and-- maybe-- the first shot), the US/ROK has precision munitions.

Even were some KPA units to survive, tactical movement would be rendered impossible by liberal use of submunitions and FASCAM fields. After Day 1, US airpower would then take over, saturating the entire DPRK defense infrastructure in order to forestall (further) use of nuclear weapons. This would likely include EMP attacks which could slop over the borders, wreaking some havoc there too.

Even assuming that the KPA/DPRK effectively ceased to exist after D+7, occupying the place would be no simple matter. The DMZ and the Seoul metroplex would be contaminated rubble and the rest of the South would be a fallout ridden humanitarian disaster area. As for the North... think 20,000 square miles of Passchendaele. Literally bombed back into the Stone Age.

A Marine/82nd AB expeditionary force might manage an amphibious landing somewhere in the North around D+30. That would likely also be the time at which the Chinese PLA is able to cross the Yalu in real force.

So IMHO if you want combat that is meaningful at a CM level, you need to think China vs. US... with maybe some Russians thrown in for spice.