Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

1.05 Multi-Player Report

z1812

Hi All,

Multi-Player appears to be fixed. I played 2 online games today without any problems.

Thats not mentioning how much more balanced the play seems to be since weapon effectiveness has been adjusted.

We only tried small scenarios ( ATGM Ambush and Al Hufq ) but it worked well and was fun.

Regards John

Hello everybody, that's my first post ever in this forum.

I've been following this game for a while now, and I have always considered to buy it one day, as soon as the TCP/IP internet mode would be functioning, as I've always wanted to play with my brother online.

It really seems it's the right time to buy it now, looking as multiplayer is really working well.

Thanks for this post and congrats for the great community this forum has!

Riccardo

Hi Elmar,

thank you for your support. We added that port on the Windows Firewall settings (in the "exceptions" window) , adding the "7023" port either in TCP and in UDP.

We also connect to the same ADSL company, our IP address (to which we can't connect to each other unfortunately) are always very similiar.

We can't play using our standard IP address, I don't really know why, but we can play using the IPs created by Hamachi.

I'm not really a computer expert, so I don't know what else should I do.

The "traffic flow" when playing seems really low. As I wrote in the other thread, looks like we're sharing few KBs to each other. I don't know if it's supposed to be that way or viceversa.

I really don't know what to do...

Rick

I'm not an expert on these matters by any means either. So if at any time your computer explodes... I wasn't here, never talked to you. Who are you again? ;)

Firewall and router aren't the same thing, so if you only set your firewall, that might be it. Check the manual of your modem (which is doubling as a router) it should have a section on changing your router settings.

I have lag issues too like most players I have played against. Actually only scenarios with a couple of inf are working (like Al-Huqf). I dont have router and setting the firewall on or off doesnt make any difference. Since it lets you connect it shouldnt be a firewall issue anyway.

Have big scenarios been playtested via TCP/ip? Another thing is that you have no clue what is the ping between you and the host. Makes things more obscure.

Hi Elmar, I tried to look on my modem' settings, but I really can't understand most of what is written. It's full of acronyms... (?)

The weird thing is that all the other games work quite nice.

What should I set?

Has somebody played a normal multiplayer scenario?

Ali-Baba,so I'm not alone in this.

My brother and my pings were excellent, something like 50 ms, since we have use the same 3,6 Mega ADSL company...

Riccardo

Apart from the well known low wall bug the game is gradually shaping nicely. But multiplayer seems still broken. Either its not possible to smoothly transmit all this complex data in real time or not enough time has been invested in the online code, since really few are playing this way. Is there anyone with a smooth multiplayer experience? (apart from the tiny Al Hufq etc scenarios).