Editor: Assigning Javelins

Is there a way to assign Javelins to infantry without having a Bradley or Stryker in the scenario?

And one other, entirely unrelated but still editor question:

Is there a way to delete the top commanding HQ from a formation? For example, if I buy an infantry battalion and want to delete the Battalion HQ. I can't seem to do it.

Javelin's carried by Strykers, you need the Stryker to get the Javelin. The theory, i guess, is the troops wouldn't be humping around that big missile while on foot patrol. The targeting unit and 3 missiles would be sorta like carrying around a .50 cal Browning on patrol.

If you're willing to go through the effort you can create a scenario, start it and acquire your Javelins. Then drive your Stryker off and save as a Savegame. Then declare the savegame to be your 'official' scenario. The next person to open it will see the units with acquired Javelins and the Stryker gone.

The idea isn't so outlandish, there's an official type of scenario called 'baked' which pretty much duplicates this.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Javelin's carried by Strykers, you need the Stryker to get the Javelin. The theory, i guess, is the troops wouldn't be humping around that big missile while on foot patrol. The targeting unit and 3 missiles would be sorta like carrying around a .50 cal Browning on patrol.

I think each tube is around 26 lbs and the CLU is 14 lbs. Three Javelins plus CLU weigh 92 pounds.

You can do it in the scen editor.

1) Buy a stryker (or Brad) pn complete,

2) enter the map,

3) acquire the missiles and CLU

4) place the grunts somewhere outside the veh

5) exit map editor

6) enter purchase screen

7) delete vehs.

Yeah, it's convoluted. But it can be done.

Originally posted by thewood:

I was thinking more of a defensive battle. In RL, are Javs assigned to non-Stryker units?

Are there any inf units that don't have their own Brad or Stryker (AB, Mtn, and Rngrs excepted, none of which are nominally in CM:SF anyway)?

Originally posted by JonS:

You can do it in the scen editor.

1) Buy a stryker (or Brad) pn complete,

2) enter the map,

3) acquire the missiles and CLU

4) place the grunts somewhere outside the veh

5) exit map editor

6) enter purchase screen

7) delete vehs.

Yeah, it's convoluted. But it can be done.

Thanks! it will work, that's all that matters.