BFC: CAS/Artillery options

BFC

Can we please get in-game ETA for those assets? Like a count-down. It would make it easier to coordinate the ground battle. Right now it says "Preparing" I dont know what that means? Does it mean it's 3 minutes from splashing? 5 minutes till they get a firing solution? What?

Also, I havent noticed any helicopter or plane sounds in-game. Can you please add those? Pretty please? I want to hear that Apache fly-over

[ March 16, 2008, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: M1A1TankCommander ]

I would also like some helicopter/jet sounds in the game.

In addition to that, the symbols which represent a spotter's quality are a bit confusing because normally, red crosses stand for something negative in the game (for example weak armor) while they seem to indicate a high quality spotter in the air- and artillery support menu.

Yes, ETA would be nice.

Also, how about tool-tips so I can friggin' tell what the hell those non-intuitive symbols mean?

Seriously.

The artillery support is spades better than CMx1, yet it is totally inscrutable in some regards.

What do the various +'s, x's and dots mean? Not qualitatively, but what does it mean to me when I call in missions for a battle? How many rounds/tube/minute can I get? I've read the manual and can point out some errors, such as a red x meaning you have lots of ammo.

So, a non-intuitive graphical interface detracts from playability. A tool-tip could fix this much more easily than a total interface rework.

Or am I the only one mystified by these symbols?

Thanks,

Ken

A green + indicates the selected unit is capable to call in the support (short time delay and high accuracy), a red x indicates it is not. you can check this when you look how the icons change when using different spotters and organic or non-organic support.

A dot is somewhere in between. However for artillery support, the + and x are currently not working correct and show the exact opposite of what they should, meaning a x is good and a + is bad.

I would also like the features mentioned by M1A1TC.

1. The sound of the aircraft rolling in.

2. The sound of the aircraft firing guns/missiles. Especially the sound of the A-10's big gun.

3. Our guys should know when artillery and airsupport is inbound.

The following video shows all 3 of these things.

They are not crucial, but all add to the realism and eye/ear candy. The action happens around 1 min, 20 sec.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=26f_1202076972

How about showing a circle around the tagreted area, which would represent "danger close area". This would help the player to see if any friendly units are in danger of becoming friendly casualties. Or, perhaps, flashing red for the units that are in danger close area, to get player's attention.

M1A1TC,

That is a great idea.

I just called in some 155 shells about 120 meters away. After several WIA and a KIA I finally ran my guys back into cover. Ooops. I wish I'd known BEFORE I dropped the boom stick on them that 100 meters is too close.

Thanks,

Ken