CMSF-Disappointing

I have to say that I was disappointed about the subject matter of the new CM game. It is not the fact that the game is post WW2. It is the lack of scope. I had hoped that a post WW2 CM game would cover everything from Korea, Arab/Isreali wars, Viet Nam to the Gulf wars. There are no real options in this new game. There is little historical action possible so there will be nothing but fictional Arab bashing scenarios. I had expected more from Battlefront. There are several games already out in the market that covers modern Arab bashing combat. This new game will not have the long life of the original CM series as it will quickly get boring. Hopefully the WW2 version of the new game will make up for this.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that I am disappointed that Warmonger2005 felt the need to start a new and redundant thread instead of simply adding his opinion to any of the half-dozen threads already extant regarding the game.

-dale

I have to say that I am disappointed that Warmonger2005 felt the need to start a new and redundant thread instead of simply adding his opinion to any of the half-dozen threads already extant regarding the game.

-dale

-dale

Originally posted by dalem:

-dale

-dale

-dale

He's just laying down covering posts in MOUT (military operations in urbane threads) while waiting for laser guided padlocks to finish the job.

Originally posted by Sergei:

I just noticed that Dale has over 12 thousand posts on his belt.

How he has done it remains a great mystery...

Why does everyone seem to think they're making an FPS?
1. Because they don't like the setting. If those two screenshots showed an SS guy in full, and neato, camo uniform with a King Tiger in the background they would be peeing on themselves about how great it looked.

or

2. No ability to read or no ability to think because anybody who could think the stuff we've been talking about equates to a FPS game has one or the other (or both) of these serious problems. I'll be kind and assume it is the inability to read since that is the better of the two possibilities. Warmonger2005 must have had an English speaking friend make the posts. Otherwise, I gotta go with inability to think.

Steve

Why, RMC, it's because they see a screenshot, say to themselves "Those soldiers look as good as an FPS!" and then conclude that somehow it must be so!

Maybe that also, in a way, explains how Warmonger could mistakenly believe that BFC ever had any intention of doing another game with the breadth of CMBB. It's been clearly and repeatedly stated by BFC that they are doing narrower games. Despite that, Warmonger came to the conclusion that they would not just do a game that offers a broad conflict like CMBB, but that a game would cover all theatres since WWII. (!)

I also find it more than a little amusing that it's "Arab bashing" if it's current and in the Middle East, but if it is WWII then there's nothing "wrong" with it.

Maybe we're suffering a sort of parallel universe overlap. Someone mend that quickly before their universe and our universe get stuck together indefinitely!

Originally posted by Cameroon:

Why, RMC, it's because they see a screenshot, say to themselves "Those soldiers look as good as an FPS!" and then conclude that somehow it must be so!

And you know what...in its own way its actually a hell of a compliment considering its a very early CMSF screen shot and we have considerably less staff and budget than your after FPS developer smile.gif

Dan

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Cameroon:

And you know what...in its own way its actually a hell of a compliment considering its a very early CMSF screen shot and we have considerably less staff and budget than your after FPS developer smile.gif

Dan </font>