Graphics far above expectations!

Please pinch me I think I'm dreaming.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/articles.php?p=2774&page=1

Is that screenshot real? Please tell me the game will look like that!

This is so far beyond what I expected, I'm so excited.

It's not that I didn't think Steve and Charles and crew weren't capable of it, but I thought the graphics would always be worse then current gen. This look spectacular, and it needs its own thread. If you bring me a Universal Binary for OS X I'll send you guys some fine Canadian beer/wine as a thank you.

I am hyped. I think a new website could be in order, LOL. I'm not 14 any more.

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

I think the correct term is 'renderings'. But I don't suppose that matters to certain uncultured lowbrows from insignificant countries.

Michael

Rendering, which dates to the early Egyptians, operates in the shadows of polite society, persisting because it provides an essential service: disposing of millions of pounds of dead animals every day.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

That's inaccurate, Michael.

It should have been: Insignificant lowbrows from uncultured countries.

Kind of like Nascar fans who repeatedly vote in a leader who can't pronounce Nuclear or Cavalry?

Listen, bubba, we may have 1/10th of your population but can still out drink you, ya filthy trailer park dwelling, republican loving, Jeebus embracing, global dictator of a union of hap-hazard altered states of mind consisting entirely of descendants of hairless monkeys who happened to be kicked out of the old country for reasons of personal hygiene and severe gingivitis of the amygdala...

Enjoy the 'non-global warming spawned' severe tornadoes along your bible belt and the repeated hurricane kicks between the legs, ya SUV loving, coal burning asylum of potty-heads.

May God have mercy on your souls, cause when Oil hits $200 a barrel, "ya'all's gonna be walkin' evurywares, yuk, yuk yuk!"

Canuckopia > USA

(30,000 escaped slaves can't be wrong)

Originally posted by J Ruddy:

Listen, bubba, we may have 1/10th of your population but can still out drink you, ya filthy trailer park dwelling, republican loving, Jeebus embracing, global dictator of a union of hap-hazard altered states of mind consisting entirely of descendants of hairless monkeys who happened to be kicked out of the old country for reasons of personal hygiene and severe gingivitis of the amygdala...

Gee, I'll bet you worked on that all weekend.

BTW, you misspelled y'all.

Michael

something called renders
So you guys are aware of the fact that there are these things called computers- and on these so called, "computers" you can model and "render" graphics, right?

Been locked in a closet for the past 15 years have we?

A reminder to the filth (spits) that they need to keep their lovely thoughts to the MBT. Many thanks, and sod off.

Yes, these are "renders". That means they were generated in a 3D authoring program (in our case, 3D Studio Max) and not in the game itself. Why do that? Because at this stage it is easier to do it. What are the differences? Lighting and composition of the "scene". In the game there is no ability to lay out the weaponry on the ground like that, so it is impossible to show stuff like this from anything other than 3D Studio Max. Lighting is also always superior in a 3D authoring program compared to a 3D game engine. Reason being one is specialized for that sort of thing and the other is compromised so it can do lots of other things as well as lighting (compute AI routines, for example).

Having said all of that, the models and textures are identical for both. So yes, the level of detail you see in the renders is the same as in the game. No difference. At least not in our case. Many other games will show renders of higher res models and textures than are found in the game. That's not a good thing to do to potential buyers!

Steve

Originally posted by J Ruddy:

Kind of like Nascar fans who repeatedly vote in a leader who can't pronounce Nuclear or Cavalry?

Enjoy the 'non-global warming spawned' severe tornadoes along your bible belt and the repeated hurricane kicks between the legs, ya SUV loving, coal burning asylum of potty-heads.

May God have mercy on your souls, cause when Oil hits $200 a barrel, "ya'all's gonna be walkin' evurywares, yuk, yuk yuk!"

Canuckopia > USA

(30,000 escaped slaves can't be wrong) [/QB]