Question re: downloading on one computer, installing on a second

My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere.

Is there any licensing issue with downloading on one computer and installing on another? I had planned to take advantage of my office's bandwidth by downloading to an office computer, burning the file to a cd (w/o installing), and then installing on my home computer via the newly-burnt cd. I am pretty unfamiliar with the elicensing program Battlefront is using, and I am concerned that my methodology might not work.

No worries, that will work. It doesn't matter where you download from. You can transfer the downloaded files and install on a different computer, no problem. In fact, you can do this as often as you like, even after intalling and licensing, as long as you do not forget to unlicense later (which resets your activations again). This is one of the major advantages of eLicense's "mobile license" concept over most other DRM's which are really locked down to a particular computer.

Martin

Originally posted by Moon:

No worries, that will work. It doesn't matter where you download from. You can transfer the downloaded files and install on a different computer, no problem. In fact, you can do this as often as you like, even after intalling and licensing, as long as you do not forget to unlicense later (which resets your activations again). This is one of the major advantages of eLicense's "mobile license" concept over most other DRM's which are really locked down to a particular computer.

Martin

Excellent; thanks much for both quick responses. Of course, this means I don't have an excuse to miss work tomorrow for fear of missing the Mother Beautiful Announcement!

Mr Byte, there are several ways to do it. Usually you can simply right-click on the game exe (or a shortcut to it) and select "unlicense" from the pop-up menu. Or you can open the System folder and open the eLicense Control Service there. There are some other ways, too, explained in the FAQ at http://www.battlefront.com/elicense_faq.html

For CMSF, we made it even easier - when you install the game, you will get two shortcuts installed either on the desktop or in your programs menu - one to run the game, and one to unlicense the game. So unlicensing will be a simple matter of clicking that second link.

Martin

@Moon: Thx for your Support. BFC and their Forums are the Only Game i ever played where the Gamedesigners actually Read and answered the Questions and Suggestions from the Users.

Hope u keep up the Goodwork also after the Release *thumbup*

Originally posted by Taki:

@Moon: Thx for your Support. BFC and their Forums are the Only Game i ever played where the Gamedesigners actually Read and answered the Questions and Suggestions from the Users.

Taki,

That is one of the very nice features that makes the Battlefront forums so good, some wonder if it really is the game?

Chris