SHOCKFORCE FORUM AWARDS

I think that to celebrate the launch of CMSF, which we all hope will be only a few months away, BF should give a free copy to a handful of people who have dedicatedly contributed to this forum.

There would be two ways to do this, they could either just announce the catagories and recipients on launch day, or they could announce catagories and ask for nominations.

Hell, given that there is apparently the ability built in, they could even put it to the vote.

Peter.

Originally posted by ParaBellum:

How about an "interesting discussions actually related to the game"-award? Oh, wait...

While I think Peter is very likely a nice guy I think it is humorous that some people on these Forums come to believe BFC might/should owe them something for posting. This community will pick up as it always has when actual game information is released. It will continue on with or without any one of us. I for one find fun in Pete’s constant I disagree-with-us-government posts. We got it Pete, you don’t like US policy.

We know the United States is bad and your opinions are good. Now relax and maybe think about not holding a gun to BFC’s head while they finish building the game. While your fun to banter with you do tend to be a bit boring. I don’t even bother posting much more then jokes at this point in time due to the constant anti-US-policy agendas.

I look forward to the day when we actually start discussing the game again. Forum Award for posting a lot, hmm, that is actually pretty funny. Thanks Pete!

[ May 02, 2006, 08:12 AM: Message edited by: Abbott ]

listen people this was never exactly a serious thread, more just killing time.

I'd hope for some humour catagories, or even some have serious ones, as I've ssen quite a few good suggestions when we were discussing how things should or shouldn'y work.

As to not liking US policy, I am not to keen on British either, but if the discussion is on something like Bombing Iran which is in my view a pretty bad idea, what should you do, say nothing because it's critical of US policy.

I thought GW1 was a good idea, and that was US policy, so it's not as if I oppose them all, i also supported cancelling the Comanche, because I thought that the money would be better spent upgrading the helicopters in use in Iraq, that was a US policy I supported even though I thought the war was a bad idea.

I don't think the UK should have gone to war, but I support putting foam liners in our C-130 fuel tanks instead of buying new SSN's because I think that's a better use of money.

Peter.