cant move cover arc off map ... so areas not covered !

i like using cover arcs to take large segments of the map especially for armor ... but i cant seem to move arc off the map so im left with a corner uncovered ... so if reinforcments happen to pop into that area they always shoot first !!!

anyone else has this problem ?

scott

Originally posted by Exel:

Do the cover arcs still only cover the actual area 'lit up' or is it now a designation of just the angles of the arc covered (so that everything between the edges of the arc will be covered, regardless of range)?

cant be surly, what if you want units to hold fire until a cetain line/point .... need HIDE and cover arc for this dont we ?

For the time being you could also argue it's something that scenario designers need to take in consideration and not be asses about.

if reinforcments happen to pop into that area
That's what I mean. It's stupid and bad scenario design - you, as a player, should never have to consider the map edges for reinforcements arriving at your 20m overwatch. That's stupid.

• 5 months later...
Originally posted by scottie:

BF can we get a comment on this please ? what is the story?

Just wanted you to know that I made an "official" entry for this issue in the project database. So the suggestion will not be lost no matter how deeply it will be buried in this forum.

Of course I have no idea if and when this will actually be addressed!

Best regards,

Thomm

Has anyone tried doing a cover arc test, getting the enemy into the 'untouchable' corner to see if the AI responds? I mean, is this just a graphical glitch with displaying the cover arc or are there really functional dead zones? in my limited experience with cover arcs (don't use 'em much) the AI seems to treat them more as a 'suggestion' than an 'order'. smile.gif

good point! still, fact is there are some missions in the campain allready where this hurts(saltpan mission for example, a verry long and narrow map, its most terrible there to use cover arcs).

ofcourse its "possible" to disloge the enemy from corners, but you are bound hope your guys engage things themselfs, not by suggestion(cover arc), and you dont have access to the use of the "permanent" face command, the 2nd use of cover arcs.

so this is far from a graphical glitch, in WEGO you can dump a turn when a unit suddenly decides to "not" engage a unit or does it reluctant at best. so you need every "suggestion" you can get to make sure your guys have a reason to shoot, if there pops something up. on top, if you want to distribute their fire power in zones so nothing is wasted, than you need the cover arcs again.

but all that isnt working to 100% or 99% at least, becouse the areas around the mapedges take a large part of the map. i guess about one third of the cover arcs i want to place are hindered in some way by this restriction.

i use cover arcs in every game, multiple times, i even tell em where to piss by cover arc.

so it hurts gameplay pretty much for the people wich "use" cover arcs from my point of view.

the 360° acr is no solution to this, obviously.

...I made an "official" entry for this issue in the project database. So the suggestion will not be lost no matter how deeply it will be buried in this forum.
thats verry good to know, many thanks