Walls

Mord

I've been screwing around in the demo editor and I gotta say I dig the flexibility compared to the old days but I have a question I couldn't find any answer for with a search. I thought walls would be handled differently this time around as far as placement? They still wind up in the center of a tile like in CMX1...Weren't walls supposed to be placeable anywhere or am I remembering incorrectly? Also, There is no + or T junctions. How come? And I noticed if you run a small wall into a tall wall the edge texture of the tall wall (width part) disappears...even if it is the same type. Also if a house overlaps a wall you end up with some of it inside the building. And while I am thinking of it where are the fences?

Mord.

I forgot about barbed wire...that would be nice...along with sand bags.

Can anybody answer my previous questions? Has my memory failed me or were walls supposed to be handled differently?

Mord.

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

There are some significant coding problems with things like T walls. I don't pretend to understand them but Charles doesn't run away from challenges very often, so when he goes away screaming from one I presume it's something pretty ugly :D

Steve

Okay good enough...I can live without them, but what about the way walls are placed? When you guys set about developing the new engine were they always planned as going in the middle of a tile or did it end up being a time factor thing? I could've sworn I read they were gonna be placeable anywhere, as in not just the center of a tile.

Oh, and will fences be added later?

And while I am at it how about cemeteries or head stones and the like?

Mord.