aircraft ...

bo_tellin

As the Lobsters have a motile stage before becoming the armoured crustations we all recognise and abhor, it MUST be supported.

The 3 levels of the SLoD caste should also be represented, not just in their infantry but in their flying stage, as they have completely different attacks. The Workers acid goo drops, the Queens HVAP egg launcher and the Drones dreaded barbed penis attack.

I won't buy it if they're not in.

Maybe this is available in CMX1 and I'm too blind/stupid to figure it out, but I wonder how hard it would be to include burning/burned out hulks of vehicles etc... in the scenario editor?

Last night I was working on a scenario where a German Unit has consolidated after a previous repulsed allied assault, and is preparing for the counterattack and I'd like to litter the battlefield with knocked out tanks, guns etc..

Why did I post this in this thread? Because I agree that seeing the planes instead of the shadows would be cool and I'd also like to have static downed aircraft & airport scenery in the scenario editor as well. (Towers, runways hangers etc...) I suspect that having planes that scramble may be tough, but I just want some more terrain to play with... call me a terrain junky...

I know as far as gameplay, the destroyed vehicles are all just eye candy, false targets and possibly cover but I think if it isn't too tough to implement it would be really cool to have and would add some serious pop to the wow factor. (hows that for marketing BS bingo lingo?)

(plus you could do a blackhawk down type scenario, because we all know the first release is going to be Soumalia, don't we...)

"I'd like to see the aircraft,not a shadow

of one that would be cool...."

Well, as high up as you can see the little AA explosions in CM1, that's about the minimum height a straffing plane would be flying at (and bombers would be much MUCH higher) No shooting down absurdly low/slow flying Stukas like in Medal of Honor!

I Like the aircraft too, sure i'd like actual planes but just keep them in the background, It's a command game, not a hoolywwod version like BF1942.

You sehould sort of see them in passing, and they should be harrd to track, ( although I'd quite like a gun view for AA).

Trutrh is people in combat tended not to look at planes, in fact they tended to do the complete opposite and hide from them.

It would be nice to have better graphics and we'll probably get that, but i'd ahte to have more of them or any real greater degree of control.

Peter.