Aircraft And Helicopters

Will aircraft and helicopters be modelled or will they be just a line with a name at the top. Will you be able to select the target for aircraft and helicopters instead of it being done by the ai. In the future, why not include air combat as well as land combat.

• 2 weeks later...

In mav1's defense, though there's been lots and lots (and LOTS) of questions, comments, and speculation on this topic there have not been many actual answers.

CMSF is probably going to be lousy with laser designators between the Stryker mounted systems, Kiowa scout copters, Predator-type drones, and Special Forces assigned for close air support. Laser desinators implies laser guided munitions, which implies stuff fired off of aircraft and copters. So, following the clues, some actual designation of targets for aircraft would be likely. I think BFC said helicopters would be modeled. I can't recall them saying the same for aircraft, though. And the jury's still out on whether helo troops transport will be included in the game (maybe no).

Has anybody gleaned any other 'actual' info from Moon's bone on how they'll be doing air support?

Dumb question on my part: Is the A-10 stilll flying ground attack missions? I know they've been trying for more than a decade to push the A-10 out in favor of the F-16. It was a bit of a surprise to me to see the A-10 still in use during the invasion 3 years ago. I thought they were transitioning the airframes over to OA-10 (I think that's the designation) for observation missions.

So maybe no A-10 straffing missions in CMAK?