Stryker dragging ramp while moving...

c3k

Gents,

I have a Stryker which started the turn (WEGO) with its ramp down. It had just loaded a team in the previous turn. I ordered it to FAST down a road. It did...while dragging the open ramp. I checked the damage; ramp has a bold green "+" indicating it is okay.

Is this a bug?

Savegame available.

Ken

All, thanks for the fast response.

Thomm: savegame will be sent shortly. Just hit the execute button and watch the Stryker Fire Support Vehicle.

gibsonm: yes, it was a fresh 1.08 game.

Panzerfest: my thoughts too. Re-read my original post - the ramp's maintenance status is a bold green "+". It shows fully operational.

YankeeDog: KITT would be greatly appreciated right now...

Regards,

Ken

Thommson,

I'm unable to email the savegame. It is 12.2 Mb in size. Zipped, it is 12.2 Mb in size. smile.gif That didn't help.

I'm sure my ISP limits me to something under 10 Mb.

Do you have any suggestions?

I'm not beyond snail-mailing a CD.

Regards,

Ken

Yousendit.com is another good one; basic service is free, and they'll do xfers up to 100mb, I believe. You just upload the file, and type in a list of email addresses. Each email address gets an email with a URL to go to in order to download the file.

They'll try to sign you up for one of their premium services, but just ignore it; the basic service is fine for private use.

Caveat emptor: Once you've used the service, they will send you marketing emails, but only once every month or two, so it's not very onerous. And if the marketing emails bother you, just use a surplus free email account to register. That's what I did.

Cheers,

YD

Thanks.

I just uploaded it to mediafire. (First come and all that...) I'll post the url here, later. I want Thommson to have a chance to download it first (I don't know what bandwidth limits they have).

I appreciate the suggestions from gibsonm and YankeeDog. Thanks.

Regards,

Ken

Yeah, save files (and PBEM) are already compressed so there isn't anything much that a compression tool can do. Segmenting, on the other hand, is an excellent suggestion as a way around email limits.

I can say bugs like this have been seen in the past, but this is the first I've heard of one in quite some time. Usually it was related to a soldier getting "stuck" either outside or inside the vehicle, while the rest of the unit was in the other position. The ramp logic said "the unit hasn't completed its movement, therefore keep the ramp down until it has". I'm wondering if something like that might be going on.

Steve

Possibly. As I stated in the original post, I had just loaded a team (artillery spotter) in the Stryker the previous turn.

My assumption is that the team was loaded into the Stryker by the end of the previous turn, but the animation had not finished. Both members of the team are in the Stryker. If the load animation, represented by the ramp, has not finished, but the Stryker "status" is loaded and ready to move, then there's obviously a disconnect.

Elmar Bijlsma: thanks for the suggestion. I'll look at gmail.

Regards,

Ken