A couple of questions for all you clever scenario designers out there

If you'll be so kind.

1) Do we have a type of terrain that is impassible to AFV's but not infantry?

2) Do we have any terrain that will slow down AFV's?

3) Do we have a type of woods that are impassible to AFV's?

4) Do we have any kind of cover that's impassible to infantry but not AFV's?

Thanks for any help you can give me, you can probably guess I'm thinking of taking the plunge, it's just so hard to get an idea of elevation without going into 3D mode.

1- No. Marsh and cliffs are only impassible terrain but it is all or nothing. Buildings and walls are the only things that stop vehicles but not infantry.

2- Mud will slow AFVs with a chance to bog.

3- 3-Tree clusters will slow AFVs and sometimes make them take a different route if near by. I don't think they will stop AFVs though.

4- No. Real infantry though can go anywhere a vehicle can.

If you include low walls under the heading of 'terrain' that'll stop armor cold and allow infantry through. That is AI armor. A human player would blast a gap and move on through.

Its been awhile since I've played with large stretches of 'sand'. Depending on the vehicle it might increase bogging... maybe.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

If you include low walls under the heading of 'terrain' that'll stop armor cold and allow infantry through. That is AI armor. A human player would blast a gap and move on through.

Its been awhile since I've played with large stretches of 'sand'. Depending on the vehicle it might increase bogging... maybe.

That's what I was thinking of doing, I didn't think about the blasting. Hmm.

Originally posted by LongLeftFlank:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Wrong forum, lunkheads. :mad:

Wow, Michael you're approaching a JasonC level of crankiness.

Btw, I suggest rubbled buildings to simulate patches of large boulders and crags impassable to vehicles. Decent cover too, unlike other nonbuilding terrain. </font>

Originally posted by Other Means:

1) Do we have a type of terrain that is impassible to AFV's but not infantry?

No actual terrain, i.e. nothing equivalent to CMx1's "rough" and "woods" tiles. Also we're unable to make slopes that accomplish that - something we could in CMx1.

I've been trying to campaign for this one for quite some time now, so far with out any official comments whether or not we can expect to see terrain and elevations like that any time soon.