Big Price Differences

Kes,

Due to the need to localize the manual and get it printed in time to get it shipped and stocked by retailers, the manual in the Paradox version is slightly out of date. Meaning, anything game related that we added, removed, or altered after the time the Paradox manual will out of synch with version 1.01. The Paradox manual is even a little out of synch with version 1.0, but not by much.

Some of the changes are very minor, like in the Paradox version I think we called the Campaign force "Task Force Hawk", but in the actual campaign file it is called "Task Force Thunder" (and it is called that in our manual). Other things in the Paradox manual are perhaps more vague than they are in the Battlefront manual because some details were still in flux at the time. That shouldn't have much impact on understanding how the game works and there shouldn't be contradictory information. A few features are not correctly documented or missing altogether, but they are not central to the game and are small in number.

In short, the Paradox manual is basically the same as the Battlefront manual in terms of content. However, there are some foggy areas in the Paradox version that are clearer in the Battlefront version because our manual was done later. There will probably be some differences between v1.01 and our own manual too. That's the problem with manuals... they are like huge ships that take an act of God to change course in time to avoid something unexpected, but the game code is like a fast and nimble speed boat. It's always a problem for developers like us that have EXTREMELY complex games and are always willing to improve the game even after release.

Steve

I have been using play.com for years, but somehow assumed that the retail version of CM:SF will come to europe in a much later date, so I did not even bother to search play.com.

May I say darn, because I alrdy pre-ordered through BattleFront and there is a big sign on the purchase page reading "ALL SALES ARE FINAL". Oh well, atleast I get to download the game on release date and know battlefront gets my €€€ directly smile.gif

I saw some news on websites which announce CMSF would be available in Europe from local retailer from August 10th.

In France, the price seems to be like 40 euros but the precise release date remains unclear.

I suppose the downloaded version is available in July 27th, but the CD/box version will be shipping in Europe (both for pre orders and Paradox version) say one week later.

Am I right? ;)