Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

The Peng Challenge: Now, With Retsyn!

dalem

Spent the day fixing up the front entry. Carved the pumpkins, one puking on the other one's head, looks great. Got cobwebs everywhere, spiders hanging all over, spooky lights installed. And to top it all off, I have a 18" rubber spider that is about the grossest thing you've ever seen rigged up on a drop line and tucked up in the alcove right by the door.

Somebody is peeing in their bunny suit tonight.

God, I love Halloween…

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Lars:

Spent the day fixing up the front entry. Carved the pumpkins, one puking on the other one's head, looks great. Got cobwebs everywhere, spiders hanging all over, spooky lights installed. And to top it all off, I have a 18" rubber spider that is about the grossest thing you've ever seen rigged up on a drop line and tucked up in the alcove right by the door.

God, I love Halloween…

Well here's hoping that Shari has a good formula for getting it out of your bunny suit.

Joe

God, I love Halloween...

I have my super soaker loaded up with industrial strength bleach as a special treat for anyone attempting to soap my windows. But, I have also built up a reputation as the guy who gives out the best candy (full sized Snickers and Milky Way, none of that mini crap), so I am safe from all but the worst teenaged offenders.

Originally posted by Abbott:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Abbott:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

Why? Why not?

Would wouldn’t like Da bomb? </font>

Here is a new Scenario I have concocted if anyone would like to give it a go. I have only play tested it verse the AI so some feedback would be appreciated.

It is a 2,800 (app.) Meeting Engagement based on a historical battle near the Chir River when the German’s were trying to launch a relief effort towards Stalingrad. The action was fought at the Russian State Farm named Settlement 79, or in Russian, Sowchos 79. This scenario is not a copy of the SL/COI battle of the same name but rather a different take on the battle.

I would be happy to PBEM the battle with someone who may be interested.

Download

General Brief

Title: State Farm Settlement 79

Type: Meeting Engagement

Date: December 8th 1942

Region: South

Weather: Clear and cold, light snow

Terrain: Hills giving into farmland

Wind: None

Turns: 35 variable

Author: Abbott

Best played: Two player. Either side if played verses the AI (computer free to place units).

Background: Early December 1942 and the 48th Panzer Corps was holding a line based on the Chir River near where it flows into the Don. It’s task being to hold the left flank of Hoth’s Fourth Panzer Army as it drives to relive the 6th Army at Stalingrad. Before any relief attempt could be launched units of the Russian 1st Armored Corps had forced their way across the Chir River in an attempt to disrupt the planned relief of Stalingrad.

Elements of the Russian 1st Armored Corps had penetrated deep into the German lines and were assembling at State Settlement 79 in preparation for an attack into the rear of the German 336th Infantry division. Before the planned attack could be launched the newly arrived (from Rostov) General Balck and his 11th Panzer Division, nicknamed the "Ghost" division moved to attack the Russian Tank forces at Sowchos (state settlement) 79.

Conclusion: The commander of the 336th infantry divisions request that General Balck launch a frontal attack on Sowchos 79 was refused. Instead General Balck decided to launch his main attack from the heights north and west of the State Farm where tanks could move more easily. On the day of December the 8th assets from the 11th Panzer division attacked into the valley from the heights around State Settlement 79. As the German Panzers were moving into the attack they destroyed a Russian Motorized Infantry column that was moving south along a road to link up with the forces that were holding the Settlement.

General Balck noted that the Russian soldiers fought bravely but after being attacked from two sides with close coordination from Panzers, Panzer Grenadiers and Artillery the Russian troops gave way and few were able to escape. General Balck had also positioned his engineers and anti-aircraft assets to the south of Sowchos 79 to complete the destruction of any enemy units that could be caught fleeing. By the end of the days battle 53 Russian tanks had been destroyed and Sowchos 79 was back in German possession.

Note: This is not a copy of the SL/CoI battle.

Reference: Panzer Battles, Major General F.W. Von Mellenthin, pages 204-214. ISBN 0-345-32158-8

God, I love Halloween…

These are not the trick or treaters you are looking for.......

A Limerick!

Mr Wells, in his grand Time Machine

Was smart, young, adventurous and keen.

His unresolved flaw

And arrived back a line 'fore he'd been

Was he'd broken God's law.

Another Limerick!

A gentleman suffering from blackouts

Was f

th for you!"

Said that gentleman suffering from blackouts.

And Yet Another Limerick!

Laudanum! Let me drink deep

Of the haamaarimaaarimaaaa

Aaaaaaaaauuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Uuuuuuuummmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm.

Thank you.

Originally posted by rleete:

But these days, I'm known simply as "Alex's daddy". Damn kid knows more people on the street than I do, and I've lived there for 20 years.

That's probably due to his knocking on their doors every night begging for scraps to eke out the meager diet of lukewarm gruel you allow him.

Michael

Originally posted by MrPeng:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Abbott:

Here is a new Scenario I have concocted if anyone would like to give it a go.

BOO!

Since rune has utterly failed in his duty to provide us with a BH scenario, what say we give the MrAbboot's little effort a whirl?

Eh? </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

(Abbott... I never thought I'd see the day...)

Boo that finally sounds right now that it is Halloween. I would remind you Sir that I have been bolding your name (and others) for a few years. I have grown accustom to the same in return.

I look forward to reading how the scenario plays out, I have tweaked the balance back and forth a few times. It should be close…

Originally posted by Abbott:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

(Abbott... I never thought I'd see the day...)

Boo that finally sounds right now that it is Halloween. I would remind you Sir that I have been bolding your name (and others) for a few years. I have grown accustom to the same in return.

I look forward to reading how the scenario plays out, I have tweaked the balance back and forth a few times. It should be close… </font>