I got your new Flavor Object Doodads right here!

Looking at the barrels and posts on this picture and the others in the gallery, I think the perspective or 3D aspect is off. It's almost as if they are a few degrees out of whack, and so kind of stand out.

Does that make sense?

If the "doo dads" are not destructable what hapens when something, a tank or even a person, moves through them?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Some more sizable doodads like Dumpsters, old abandoned buses/trucks perhaps.

What I'd like to see are more textures for buildings and more special types like shops, hotels, kiosks, banks, garages, industrial types etc. What we already have is great and flexible but there is still need for some more color and variation I believe. Also, some grafiti and commercials on walls would be nice.

• 6 months later...

This thread got resurected once in August; I'm doing it again to ask if we'll see new doo-dads

with the Marine Module such as those M1 asked about and my favorite, abandoned/burnt civilian vehicles?

Edit: Just thought I'd add a comment from Steve from way back in 2005. I understand that time changes things.

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

For sure DRIVING civilian cars won't be in CM:SF because civilians won't be. But parked/abandoned cars actually have some impact on tactical ops (i.e. cover and obstacles). We just have to see what we can do about that when we get to it.

There is no problem with the physics of nudging stuff out of the way (had it in CMx1) or possibly even driving over them (an Abrams can flatten a car quite nicely). If we get cars in there we'll have to do these things.

Steve

[ February 27, 2008, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: Sequoia ]