Once Upon A Peng Challenge

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Hmmm...feck off.

No one here has amused me all that much, lately, if we come right down to it.

Crawled out from under your rock on the wrong side of the moss this morning?

Papa

PS

They only count as battle wounds if you received them in battle. I don't believe falling out of your chair drunk qualifies... unless of course you were locked in mortal combat with the seat cushion.

PPS

Even when you're testy, you're still my favorite short-gnome-guy-friend-thing.

PPPS

Now where is the 5 bucks you owe me?

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Papa Khann:

PS

They only count as battle wounds if you received them in battle. I don't believe falling out of your chair drunk qualifies... unless of course you were locked in mortal combat with the seat cushion.

I think he meant "bottle wounds."

Originally posted by Stuka:

Well I've got an alcohol inbibing, cigar smoking poker night tomorrow night followed by an early-ish rise to blast around the desert dunes on a high powered dirtbike with a TEXAN of all people....

It's good for you to get out of the house. I'm sure your wife agrees.

Michael

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

**This is a great example in a Sci-Fi program...

Yes, yes, yes. To be sure, "FireFly" was the best TV show ever created and we're all so thankful that you discovered it.

After it went off the air.

Just like you came in here and announced to the world that Kate Rusby was a wonderful singer. Approximately 10 years after the rest of us heard her music.</font>

Actually he was referring to his rental of the video "Kate's Bush", whose theme song lyrics went somefink like

"If I only could, I'd make a deal with Bob

and get him to swamp our faces."

Somefink like that, I'm sure.

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stuka:

Well I've got an alcohol inbibing, cigar smoking poker night tomorrow night followed by an early-ish rise to blast around the desert dunes on a high powered dirtbike with a TEXAN of all people....

Michael </font>

I know where Napoleon and Hitler got it wrong you see....they didn't bring enough cigars....that'll ensure my invasion goes smoothly.

Plus I plan to fly direct to Moscow then catch an internal flight to the Urals. Stuff crossing the border on foot and marching to Moscow, why Napo and Hitty didn't think of simply boarding a civil airliner for their invasions I can't fathom.

Originally posted by Patch:

I went paddling on Sunday.

You should go paddling on Lars. He deserves it.

Then again, he'd probably enjoy it too much, so perhaps you shouldn't.

In any event, I have attended the Quasi-Annual Review, Audit and Inspection by the Justicar. Having met the Justicar in person, I now understand why his wife and co-workers send him out of state on such a regular basis.

I arrived at a local restaurant for dinner and found Joe sitting alone in the foyer with a rather vacant look on his face. This, of course, should come as no surprise to those of us who have read Joe's prose. He did natter on about difficulty finding the place, despite receiving precise directions to the restaurant (conveniently located along an access road to a major Interstate highway). It seems someone gave Joe a GPS device, and he attempted to use it to locate the rendezvous point. He appeared somewhat confused when I pointed out that such devices generally work better when you place batteries in them.

In any event, I am pleased to report that at no point did Joe dump cutlery onto the floor; however, he did seem to have some difficulty in understanding it's usage. Who knew that one could cut steak with a teaspoon? Or that one's napkin could double as a bib and kleenex in a single sitting? It was, as they say, a learning experience.

We discussed a wide variety of subjects, including the alcoholic tendencies of Seanachai, dalem, Papa Khann and Lars (concluding, of course, that, were we so unfortunate as to live in Minnesota, we would likely choose to live in a liquid medium as well), the departure of friends past (and good riddance to the bastards, I hope they fry), and whether Boo Radley was in fact an actual person or a cybernetic construct programmed by a class of hyperactive kindergarten dropouts (concluding, of course, that he is far to dull an individual for that to be even remotely possible).

However, most interestingly, I discovered the Justicar to be, in person, a rather pleasant individual (if one is able, of course, to overlook his myriad shortcomings). It was a pleasant dinner, such as one might have with an old friend. Conversation was light, beer was consumed, and good times were had.

In short, upon meeting the Justicar I can only resolve that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blast on tiny trumpets, I have met the enemy, and he is us.

Steve

[ May 08, 2008, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

... We discussed a wide variety of subjects, including the alcoholic tendencies of Seanachai, dalem, Papa Khann and Lars (concluding, of course, that, were we so unfortunate as to live in Minnesota, we would likely choose to live in a liquid medium as well)...

To be sure, Seanachai and Lars live in an alcohol based liquid medium. I like to think that dalem and I just visit the joint on weekends.

Though, to be honest, I'm beginning to have doubts about dalem.

Papa

Originally posted by Stuka:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stuka:

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Patch:

I went paddling on Sunday.

Cool. Remind me, what's your boat? What water? Were you on the Fox River, or a local lake?

Paddling is important. The rest of this lot, they think about dumb stuff all the time. This has been a damn bad Spring in Minnesota. Hoping for a good Summer. Many trips.

Hey, Peng! So you weren't just jerking my damn chain, but actually bought a kayak? You been paddling yet?

You got kids, you need more kayaks than one, idjit.

People go on about tandems, but me, I always stand up for singles. To me, one of the glories about paddling is that you're in your own boat. You choose your own path, and work it yourself.

Probably anyone who wants to get married should try 6 months of paddling a boat together. If you still want to marry the other party after that, you'll probably do.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

I've no clue as to what she's like as a person, but if she's putting up with you, she's either some kind of angel, or succubus.

Or deaf as well as blind?

Originally posted by Papa Khann:

Hmmm...feck off.

No one here has amused me all that much, lately, if we come right down to it.

Crawled out from under your rock on the wrong side of the moss this morning?

Papa

PS

PPS

Even when you're testy, you're still my favorite short-gnome-guy-friend-thing.

PPPS

Now where is the 5 bucks you owe me? </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrSpkr:

It was a pleasant dinner, such as one might have with an old friend. Conversation was light, beer was consumed, and good times were had.

Steve

A banker and a lawyer go out to dinner.

Who picks up the tab? </font>

Well, destroying the souls of your enemies IS a good time.

As for the rest, that's a wicked nice dodge. Certainly better than I'd have given you credit for. And you're right (inconceivable as that may seem). Now that I know about it, you'll need to think up something new.

Of course, I'll be spiking your drinks with a bit of laxative from now on, just to be sure.

Papa

Originally posted by Mace:

I've no clue as to what she's like as a person, but if she's putting up with you, she's either some kind of angel, or succubus.

Or deaf as well as blind? </font>