Mini-Preview on Gamestar.de - Update: video

Gamestar.de, the website of Germany's biggest computer gaming magazine, has provided a mini preview of CM:SF, a full review will be available in its september issue (available in early august). It is quite unusual for Gamestar to do this for such a niche game, usually only mainstream blockbusters or "big names" recieve such attention. The preview doesn't go into details about the game, but the overall tone is IMO quite positive, accentuating the realism and the challenge of commanding the forces.

I think it's a very good sign when mainstream mags like Gamestar provide information about CM:SF.

Lots of screenshots, too.

Der Link.

[ July 25, 2007, 05:26 AM: Message edited by: ParaBellum ]

It is indeed a video review from Gamestar, and the tester really seems to like CM:SF. His conclusion: don't let the meagre presentation (compared to blockbusters like Company of Heroes) put you off, the game is an incredible deep, realistic tactical wargame. I am quite surprised about the positive tone, I had expected much more criticism about the complexity etc...

This is REALLY great news!

Wow...now if he wouldn't speak so fast I could actually understand a thing or two about what he said. It seemed like a great vid though, newcommers could probably even learn some of the basics just from watching this vid...if they were any good at german that is.

I understood the last part though where he said it wasn't for everyone and that he recommended that you try the demo to see if it was for you.

That sure sounds like our CM smile.gif .

//Salkin

First of all a big Hello to all BF-Community members. Your are really a great community. I am around this forum since the good old CM a few years back now. Always just reading, never actively taking part in any discussion. I think its time to change that :).

As I am the one making this video I have to say thanks that you enjoyed the video.

Hi Alexander!

Kudos to your review. I was definitely a bit surprised by the quality of it, since I sometimes consider the Gamestar reviews a bit...uhm...shallow, as far as hardcore sims or strategy games are concerned. ;)

Ein wirklich schönes Video das sehr gut verdeutlicht um was es bei CM:SF geht. Hut ab!

Abe, that's a great video! I awould like to second what ParaBellum just said... for a very long time most German mags were treating war games "stiefmütterlich" smile.gif Great to see some fans of the genre who know what they're talking about to find their way into the ranks! There is hope!!!

Gamestar seems to be on the way to become one of the best German mags if you ask me. I am not saying that because of the video, but it's actually the only mag that I am reading regularly from the lot for some time now.

Martin

Vielen Dank :). My intention was to show the casual gamer, who tends to overrate graphics over actual game play, to have better insights what CM:SF actually is all about. I hope that because of this video some people actually try this not so mainstreamed title.

Ja, ich drücke wie jeder hier in dem Forum wohl sehr oft auf den Refresh-Button :) Und das obwohl ich schon spielen kann. Aber ich freu mich schon so richtig drauf, wenn alle hier mitreden können und die wirklich interessanten Diskussionen los gehen. Vor allem auf Diskussionen rund um das Thema Taktik bin ich gespannt. Hab noch vieeeeeeeel zu lernen :)

Hallo Alexander

Gratuliere auch zu deiner fantastischen Preview - ein alter CM Veteran bei Gamestar, wer hätte das gedacht smile.gif

Ich denke ich muss mir die nächste ausgabe doch kaufen .....

Gratuliere auch zu deinem "battle hardened" look mit bart und so :D

Wolf

Originally posted by Abe:

I played all three previous titles and still have some "play by email-games" running. So my answer is yes :)