Editor UI

The editor offers limitless creativity but there are some things that could be just a bit more flexible. Roads for example are way too time consuming. Trying to find the right piece every time you want to make a curve or intersection, almost seems like a puzzle game. There was once a nice map tool for CMx1 (mapping mission iirc) where you could just click and drag the desired path and your road network was ready in few clicks. Also, flavour objects..Chasing them all around the map to put them on the right spot is a bit annoying.

Overall some more click and drag on the 3d preview map would be much helpful.

Stirling it seems so, you need to click since the map moves just a little, it's not a problem at the very first with little maps, but it's quite a problem with bigger ones.

I've had some problems with the roads especially with the highway type, which seems to me to be easy to make only in straight away format, I tryed some curves and deviations but seems that tiles textures don't match, so you get an ugly version of the straight one :/

Originally posted by Melnibone:

IF you hold down Shift and click to expand the map it increase in jumps of 160m - seeing as the max is 4km wide\deep it cannot take "hundreds and hundreds" of clicks to get the map size you need.

Well if not complaining about the "number" of click consider the "quality" of such clicks:

I've to wait a lot of second before the first click makes its work... as I said in other threads some optimization should be done on the editor for this matter..

Originally posted by Kieme(ITA):

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Melnibone:

IF you hold down Shift and click to expand the map it increase in jumps of 160m - seeing as the max is 4km wide\deep it cannot take "hundreds and hundreds" of clicks to get the map size you need.

Well if not complaining about the "number" of click consider the "quality" of such clicks:

I've to wait a lot of second before the first click makes its work... as I said in other threads some optimization should be done on the editor for this matter.. </font>

Actually the problem seems to me to be related to the great number of "little squares" which must be represented even in the hight zoom level, resulting the the major slowdown. I understand it's not easy to correct, maybe there could be a "special" all zoomed out button that could in one time cancel all the little squares (and in this way you wouldn't be able to put anything on the map, but it's just for this special option) but you could still work on dimensions...

This way lag should be canceled... my 2 cents.