Strykers Taking Hits

As it happened, I was cooling my heels in a press holding tank with the author of the article when I saw the thread. She wasn't clear on whether the RPGs disabled the Stryker -- it may have been the IED, which in Diala apparently tend to be rather huge, presumably due to the presence of a rather large military base near the Iranian border. Another interesting tidbit is that the Stryker crews will often stick their bottled water around the sides of the vehicle as an anti-EFP measure.

[ March 17, 2007, 01:39 AM: Message edited by: nijis ]

The picture looks fake...I guess when you are trying to propagandize a country that wants to fight a war with NO casualties at all, any tactical loss is major news even though it means little in the strategic scheme to lose a Stryker or two in combat.

[ March 18, 2007, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

Parts of the picture do look like they've been done over with smudge. The terrain also looks a bit mountainous for any part of Iraq other than the Kurdish areas.

EDIT: Oops. Guess that was just an embankment.

[ March 19, 2007, 03:35 AM: Message edited by: nijis ]

Originally posted by civdiv:

http://fedlesoldier.tripod.com/id7.html

So you had seen the picture before...or you knew the young man who took them? Which is why you made the comment you did earlier in the thread?

Obviously someone else is using those photos for their own purposes based on the url for the pic posted by chops. Your copy is obviously from a different spot...it still looks fake to me.

Yup, I had seen the pictures before. Sure, anyone with an axe to grind can take some picture out of context to try and make a point. I'm not saying Chops did this, I am more referring to the URL from the original picture. But he did post an article from this week and a photo that is like 2 years old.

civdiv