Bleed out

Iv'e noticed that my wounded troops usually die very quickly after being hit. Often I try to move another squad to their location to offer first aid but the WIA's are usually dead before they arrive.

On a similar note what about the idea of having a deadicated medic in each squad or maybe platoon that could be detatched to render first aid freeing up squads to continue the fight.

I have never seen squads treat woundeds of other squads.

What I do when a squad has casualties is moving the squad to the wounded's position and wait until one of the soldiers status changing to "medic".

You can only treat casualties, not light wounded soldiers (their weapon symbol in the squad status display is white wehereas soldiers that are no longer able to fight are removed from the list).

I have no idea what either of you are talking about.

How can a wounded guy die before the squad arrives? In my experience, casualties remain on the map for the entirety of the scenario.

If you mean the AAR figures for KIA and WIA suggest they died, how do you know they weren't dead already? I think every soldier who is hit may be either dead or alive, and getting someone to medic them just improves the chance they are alive but you never really know for sure until the end of the game.

As for treating the wounded of other squads, I do this all the time. It definitely works.

Here's a tip for you. If you move a squad to some wounded and they don't immediately medic them, order them to SLOW move across the casualties. As soon as one of the men is touching one of the casualties, order the squad to halt (RT mode only). The soldier will immediately treat the casualty.

Thanks for the tip Steiner. What i'm talking about is when a squad is hit red crosses appear above some troops. These crosses often disappear before I can render first aid.

Edit.. Ah nevernind, I thought those crosses indicated WIA's, but correct me if i'm wrong they just indicate a casulty taken.

[ November 01, 2007, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: Spindry69 ]

Correct, they indicate that you have received a seriously WIA. (red circle)

On light wounds (yellow)

No, your not going to get some sort of magic healing on the battlefield. I've yet to hear of any medical treatment that can cure bullet grazes, broken bones, minor shrapenel, etc. in the time frame of the scenarios played. They just have to "cowboy up" until after the battle. :D

Tip: Split off the AT team (2 men) from any squad and they can act as your "medics" or use an HQ unit. Buddy Aid can be provided by any of your forces. It simply takes a little time (not just secs) YMMV with difficulty level.

[ November 01, 2007, 06:04 AM: Message edited by: Huntarr ]

Is there somewhere in the manual that gives details about the medic/healing process? All I can find about "buddy aid" (as the manual refers to it) is that the time it takes to heal less-than-serious wounds varies according to level of troop quality chosen. There seems to be no basic description of how it occurs and to whom by whom.